The petal layers and leaves were die cut from white paper and ink blended with distress inks (DI). When done, splattered them with diluted white gouache paint for some texture.
DI used:
petals - Salwater Taffy, Lumberjack Plaid, Black Soot
leaves - Twisted Citron, Mowed Lawn
Next, embossed a Bristol panel with the Traces of Yesterday 3D embossing folder (EF). Love how "timeless" (pun intended) and versatile this EF is! Assembled the card ono a white card base then added a Happy Birthday foil greeting white tab from Memory Box to finish.
Main products used for my card are linked below. Please note compensated affiliate links are used in this post at no extra cost to you should you make a purchase through them. I appreciate your support. Thank you for stopping by.
*products may be available at Simon Says Stamp*
Challenges
Tic Tac Tac Toe - #297 Featured Designer Team O (left diagonal down - Friendship, Free, Embossing & middle row across - Any Color, Free, Sentiment)









Oh my! Trina, your dahlias are just stunning! Love the texture in the background too and, of course, the splatters. Beautiful! So glad you joined us at Tic Tac Toe challenges. Kerry, DT
ReplyDeleteAmazing flowers on a great embossed background. I like your stunning card!!
ReplyDeleteLia DT CYHTP
As always your colouring is out of this world. Stunning card! Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!
ReplyDeleteTruly rich red dahlias, Trina. The embossed background adds a clever timeless touch for this birthday celebration. It's going on my wish list. tfs
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous dahlia image that you colored, Trina! Wonderful embossing background for the birthday card! I'm sure your friend will love it!
ReplyDeleteThis is gorgeous and is going to be treasured!
ReplyDeleteSimply gorgeous design, Trina! The flowers and color are amazing. Love the white spatters. Thanks for sharing with the July Anniversary Challenge at A Cut Above. Happy that you played along with us.
ReplyDeleteA gorgeous floral card!
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
Diane
{Nellies Nest}
Triple B Co-Owner
When I got my first peek of this card I said WOW! Then I got it all out of the envelope and WOWed a few more times! This is GORGEOUS, Trina and I do love red flowers. This one may find it's way into a frame! Thank you so much for this special card.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Your card is supremely beautiful and creative! Gosh, I love the deep color of your flowers and how you layered them over each other. So beautiful! Thank you for joining the Beautiful Blossom's team on this month's challenge, your submission is both beautiful and welcomed! We look forward to seeing more of your future creations with us! ~ Amanda
ReplyDeleteThose flowers are stunning. The coloring and shading made these so real. I love that peek from the embossing folder. Great card!
ReplyDeleteOh Trina . . . this is just GORGEOUS! Love your choice of color and your perfect coloring/design are stunning! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at the Sisterhood of Crafters, Triple B & Can You Handle the Pressure challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
ReplyDeleteDarlene
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Sisterhood of Crafters Owner
Can You Handle the Pressure Co-Owner
Triple B Co-Owner
wow, the card is gorgeous Trina, I'm sure your crafty friend loved it. The embossing is the perfect background for your dahlia ❤️
ReplyDeleteFabulous florals!
ReplyDelete