September 15, 2018

Less is More #380 - OLC Florals


Hello there!  It's a new challenge this fortnight at Less is More (LIM) and we are back to that dreaded one layer card (OLC).  The theme this time is Florals.  We have our July winner, Julie Beech of Crafted by Jules, joining us as our wonderful guest designer.  And new sponsor CAS-ual Fridays is generously offering a 20% discount code to their store valid till the end of the month!  Just enter 'lessismore' at checkout.












FLORAL PUMPKIN



So I bought this floral pumpkin stamp because I wanted a pumpkin image without it being only a pumpkin.  Does that make sense? 😂  I also see it's retiring now, so I thought I better break out this NBUS set.  Since this is a OLC, there is very little to explain here.  Stamped the image with black Memento ink on a white Copic friendly card base and coloured with Copics in Halloween colours to keep with the fall season. 😉


The sentiment from the same set was heat embossed with black Versafine ink and clear glitter embossing powder.  Outlined the sentiment with a white gel pen where it overlaps the image to make it stand out better.  Added clear shimmer to the flowers to finish!



Are you ready to join us?  Our guest Julie and my teammies have made some beautiful cards to inspire you and you can check them out HERE.  Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful week.











Challenges:
AAA Cards - #123 Sketch
Time Out - #118 Photo Inspiration (orange pumpkin with flowers)
Creative with Stanps - #30 Pumpkins
Watercooler Wednesday - #187 Kath's All About Occasions
STAMPlorations - Summer CAS
STAMPlorations - Summer Theme and Sketch (Stamps & Anything Goes)
Addicted to Stamps and More - #309 Clean and Simple



 









23 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love seeing flower arrangements using a pumpkin for the base, so I totally understand, Trina! Love the purple mums with the orange pumpkin! Love the sparkle too!

Sarah G said...

What a beautiful image - so perfectly coloured as usual! It is a great image for Time Out too :)

Susan said...

What a great idea to find a pumpkin stamp that is more than just a pumpkin - I totally get that as I'm not a pumpkin / Halloween kind of person. Love the gorgeous purple chrysanthemums! A great one layer card (something I hate making!!!).

Kathy said...

I love the simple design and vibrant colors! Perfect fall card!

Mac Mable said...

Clever use of the pumpkin stamp and love the vibrant colours of your perfect CAS card x.

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh my goodness, Trina, what a gorgeous stamp! I love what you've done with the image. Featuring it for a clean and simple challenge really lets it shine. Those vibrant colours you've used compliment each other and dominate the card. Love the way you've added the die-cut sentiment across the bottom of the pumpkin, integrating it into that lovely image. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jane said...

Ooo fabulous mix of colours, very dramatic! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards

APeeling Crafts said...

Beautiful card! Love the simplicity. Thanks for playing along with Creative with Stamps - Pam DT

Cheryl said...

Beautiful card, Trina! Your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards challenges.

Billie A said...

I Love these colors.. I love orange / purple / green... I love they can be used for fall an year around. I love the fun image. Beautiful coloring and so glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps. Always enjoy seeing your creative cards.

Billie A
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink

Julie B said...

Love the purple with the orange, so striking. Love the tip about the white gel pen. Thanks for having me GD and for linking up at STAMPlorations too. :)

Melissa L. said...

Ohhhh! Love this, Trina! Great take on AAA Cards Challenge. Thanks for playing along.

Loll said...

Fantastic colour combo with the orange and purple, Trina! What a sweet image and great copic colouring! Great tip about outlining the sentiment in white where it overlaps the pumpkin! xx

Izzy Scrap said...

Oooh ! I love this gorgeous pumpkin with the floral arrangement. Last year I bought this kind of floral composition for one of my friends it was just stunning ! This little stamp reminds me this floral. As always I love how simple it looks knowing the work it is. LOVE it ! Have a fabulous crafty week ! hugs

Gail said...

Well, who wouldn't love a pumpkin full of purple posies? This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Papercraft Boutique said...

It's refreshing to see a pumpkin with flowers, Trina! Gorgeous Copics coloring, as always! I'm sure the shimmer and glitter look prettier IRL. Outlining the sentiment with a white gel pen is a clever idea too! Hideko xx

Creative world said...

Gorgeous CAS card and fantastic coloring..Thank you for joining us at ATSM challenge this week,hope to see you again
Željka DT xx

sandie said...

I thought I had commented on this but my memory is getting so bad! I adore the richness of your colouring. The purple is just amazing and I adore you chose an image that can be used for a pumpkin but other things to.....I don’t use pumpkin images so thus would be a great one for me. And thanks for joining Time Out and sending hugs and hoping you are well xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely pumpkin stamp with the plant inside it! The purple and orange colors are the perfect choice for this stamp! a great fall image and beautiful CAS card!

Nonni said...

Stunning, Trina! I love your coloring (as always!) and that glittery sentiment looks gorgeous. I was just about to declutter my clear sparkly embossing powder but this is a great way to use it.. Thanks for the inspiration!

Susanne Vargas said...

So pretty! Great coloring!

Darnell said...

Your glorious purple mums look right at home plopped in that fat and fabulous pumpkin, Trina! What a fun stamp, beautifully colored! Love the design!! Hugs, Darnell

Jill V said...

The floral bouquet in the pumpkin is beautiful - and I especially like how you layered the sentiment - it almost looks like a layered die cut. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Jill