December 21, 2018

Winnie & Walter More November 2018 New Release

Hello everyone!  I am delighted to be back on the Winnie and Walter blog today sharing more creations using the new products from their November Release!


HEARTFELT THANKS

I wanted to start off by thanking Shay for having me join in the release, so I created a CAS thank you card using In a Word: Thanks (the stamp set).


Stamped the outline thanks with Copic friendly black ink on an A2 size X-press It piece of cardstock and coloured in with red Copic markers.


The hearts from Scenery: Seeing Hearts were heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Abandoned Coral and Candied Apple distress inks were then blended over top for an ombré look.  Wiped off excess ink with a tissue.  Heartfelt from Sentimental: Thanks was white heat embossed on a black strip.  This set was free with qualifying orders during Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale, and will be available for purchase in the future.  For added dimension, Crystal Glaze was added as the finishing touch.


Since there are coordinating In a Word: Thanks cutaways, I created a second CAS thank you card with it.


Thanks was die cut twice: one from black and the other from pearlescent white cardstock.  They were offset for a shadow effect which helps to make it stand out.  Once again, the sentiment from Sentimental: Thanks was white heat embossed on a black strip.



Next a reverse heart mask was die cut from masking paper using True Dotty Heart cutaways.  Placed the mask off the edge of a regular white A2 panel, then blended Picked Raspberry, Wilted Violet and Salty Ocean distress inks.  For some sparkle, spritz with a DIY shimmer spray of Perfect Pearls and water.  Removed the mask and added a few clear sparkly sequins to finish.


JOLLY SANTA

When I saw In a Word; Jolly cutaway, I thought of Santa!  I know, it's a bit of a stretch. 😂


Instead of having Santa replace the "o", I thought it would be fun to have him stepping out of the Jolly cut out.  Started by stamping Santa from Snowy Holidays with Evelin T Designs with Copic friendly black ink.  Coloured him with Copics, then die cut out with the matching cutaway.


A scallop panel was then die cut from Bristol paper using Essentials: Audrey Cutaways.  Jolly was die cut from that then popped up with foam adhesive over some silver glitter paper on a white card base.  Holidays from In a Word: Happy (the stamp set) was white heat embossed on black.  Some silver splatters finished off the card.


BOKEH WONDER

In keeping with the magic and wonder of the season, I thought a bokeh background would be suitable.  Rooted in photography, bokeh is the blurred or out-of-focus areas of an image.  I've done this background before using circle stencils and white pigment ink, but I thought I would try achieving the effect with the VersaMark Resist/ghosting technique.  Not sure I succeeded, but it was easy and fun to do.


Paper that does not absorb ink easily is best for this technique.  Glossy cardstock works, but I had some coated cardstcok given to me from my freind Christine and that was what I used.  I started by randomly stamping the images from Secenery: Dotty in several sizes with VersaMark ink.  Allowed it to dry before applying distress inks (di) in rainbow colours with a mini blending tool.  The VersaMark ink resisted the colours, leaving varied light areas.  I may have gotten a little carried away with the amount of images I stamped. 😂   Excess ink was wiped off with a tissue.


Season's from Winter Woodland was heat embossed with white embossing powder on a vellum strip.  In a Word: Wonder cutaway was die cut from white glitter paper and adhered to the vellum.  Instead of die cutting a shadow piece, a grey Copic marker was used to add the shadow on the vellum from the backside.  Stamped, Copic coloured and die cut the ballerina from Nutcracker Kisses with Evelin T Designs to finish.


The background was not only easy, but effective, so I created two more cards.  I used the sentiments from In a Word: Grand Merry.  On this first card, I tried it without the vellum.


I think it looks better with vellum.  So on this final card, I added the vellum back.  I also changed up the design, and took the smaller rectangle from Essentials: Katharine Cutaways and die cut form the panel then matted it to white cardstock, leaving a 1/8" white border.  Stamped, Copic coloured and die cut the yetis from Yetitide Greetings with Evelin T Designs to finish.



This post was a bit longer than I had intended, but good news is you've reached the end!  Thank you for taking the time to visit, especially during this busy time of year and with Christmas only four days away!  Wishing you all a safe and joyous holiday season!














Challenges:

Thanks Cards
That's Crafty - Anything Goes
Love to Craft - #29 December Anything Goes

Santa Card
Creative with Stamps - #33 Santa or Gfft












Bokeh Cards
Watercooler Wednesday - #201 Marsha's Special Two Week Year-End Anything Goes
Merry Little Christmas - #5 December Anything Christmas Goes
Addicted to Stamps - #169 Christmas Non Traditional Colours
Christmas Crafts All Year Round - December Anything Goes



22 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

wow Trina, you have been busy, love all the cards. Your sentiments outlined in black, Santa looks great jumping out the O and love your bokeh cards. I really should try that technique again, it's been a while.
Have a great Christmas
Christine

Loll said...

All the cards are fantastic Trina. Your amazing cards showcase the W&W new release perfectly. Your designs always inspire and now I want to make some cards! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Oh em gee, Trina, you've showcased the W&W's new release so well with these wonderful creations! They're so lucky to have you as November Leading Lady.
I love all of them and I especially love the fun idea of Santa stepping out of the Jolly, the Bokeh effect on the vellum, and the clever framing of the Yetis card. Your ink blending and masking are as beautiful as ever.
Hideko xx

Susan said...

What a fabulous bunch of cards, Trina! Love the ombre effect on the hearts of the first one, and the beautiful mauve and blue heart on the second. I don't think it's a stretch to use "jolly" as a Christmas sentiment - it's perfect with Santa, and I love the way you have him stepping out of the word. Fabulous bokeh effects on the others!

Michelle W said...

Wow Trina, all your cards are amazing.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous cards! I don't even have a favorite they are all that awesome! Well done--

Billie A said...

I love your cards. So creative and love your designs. Wonderful dies and images. Great CAS cards. So glad you shared over at Creative with Stamps.
Billie A
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Aud Sentiments
Always Fun Challenges
Colour Crazy Challenge
Creations In Pink
Do-Al(l)Kreatives
Crafty Gals Corner
Crafty Catz

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh my goodness, Trina, I love your wonderful cards, especially that Bokeh collection. The colours are gorgeous and create a truly magical effect. I love your little dancer in the midst of all those rainbow bubbles. Although the vellum is very nice, all your examples of bokeh work beautifully in my humble opinion. And aren't those carolling Yeti adorable? Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Karen Brown said...

I LOVE your Bokeh cards! You used all my favorite colors for a happy and joyful series of cards. Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Helen said...

Trina, this is a great collection of cards. The red and black "thanks" on the first card is so striking...and that jolly Santa is delightful. Thanks for sharing all of these and Merry Christmas to you.

Mac Mable said...

Wow you are spooling us today and showcases the products fantastically. Love the die cuts sentiments especially and the hokey effect is wonderful. Fabulous inspiration......thank you X

Doni High said...

Oh, WOW! What a fantastic bunch of cards! The Bokeh cards with their gorgeous colors are my favorites.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps Challenge. :) Doni (DT)

Bonnie said...

You have been busy, Trina! So many beautiful cards! Love how the thanks have so much dimension and shine. Love how Santa is stepping out of the jolly! Very clever! And your bokeh cards are fantastic!

Helen said...

So many great cards with individual clever designs, Trina! I love the bokeh effect used on your cards. Clever use of the stencil! I must try that soon! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week!

Darnell said...

What a spectacular array of Trina Designs to inspire me! Thank you so much! Each one is incredible, Trina! You are a magician with color and design and blending! I love the humorous and clever way you have Santa stepping out of the Jolly cut-out!! 🎄Happy Holiday Hugs, Darnell

Sam Squires - A Crafting Niche said...

A lovely selection of cards. Thank you for taking part in the December "Love To Craft Challenge" . DT Sam x

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful cards, Trina! Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Marsha DT

Susanne Vargas said...

Hi Trina,
I am terrible late in my commenting again but wanted to let you know that I enjoyed your fun and beautiful collection of cards! You are such an inspiration!
Wishing you a creative, healthy, and happy New Year!

Helen said...

Great creations.

Thanks for joining us at Christmas Crafts All Year Round and all the best for 2019!

Helen x
DT

Kim said...

Love these cards. They are each very pretty. Thanks for sharing and participating in the challenge at Love to Craft Challenge Blog.

Cindy said...

Great cards. Love the Santa one. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Little Christmas. Happy New Year :-)

APeeling Crafts said...

Really great card! Love the cut out "jolly." Thanks for playing along with us at Creative with Stamps. Pam DT