June 05, 2019

I was Published!

Hello there! I'm super excited to share that I'm being published in the July 2019 issue of Craft Stampers Magazine due to hit the shops this Friday!  That's in two days!  It was a last minute decision to enter after receiving my Studio Katia order and to my shocking surprise, my card was accepted!  This is the July cover.


And this is the close up of my card in the issue.


But now that I can share, here it is revealed.


As you can see I am no professional photographer and my photo box is very bright. 😛   So I stamped the floral image from the Aloha set with Copic friendly black ink on X-press It cardsotck.  Coloured in with Copics then die cut out with the coordinating die.  For some shimmer, spritz it with Sparkle spray.


Bristol paper was used for the remainder of the card.  The oval frame was created with two sizes of dies from the Nesting Oval infinity set. The frame was placed at an angle over the Grid Cover cutout and the overhang was trimmed away.  I was going for a "trellis" backdrop.  The sentiment from the same set was white heat embossed then Dusty Concord distress ink was blended over top.  Wiped off excess ink and assembled the card onto a white top folding card base to finish.


And that is it for today.  Thank you for sharing in my excitement.  Have a. wonderful day.



16 comments:

Marianne said...

Congratulations, Trina! So excited for you!
Marianne x

Christine Alexander said...

Congratulations Trina, I can't wait to see your card in print. My magazine should arrive soon :)

Loll said...

STUNNING card Trina and shows off your amazing colouring skills. So excited for you!! Can't wait to see the magazine with your card. xx

Cathy said...

Congratulations, stunning card and a well deserved win! Cathy x

SD pooja said...

What a stunning card ,no wonder it was selected for publishing.Congratulations !!

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Trina! That's a huge recognition so well-deserved for this brilliant card!! You should be very proud! Hugs, Darnell

nancy littrell said...

OMG, Trina...How exciting to be published in the Craft Stampers Magazine!!! Your hibiscus flowers over your faux trellis background are Stunnning, my friend. Congratulations..Hugs...

Jeanne H said...

Lovely card and congratulations!

Susan said...

Congratulations, Trina - so exciting to see your card published!! Well-deserved - it's beautifully coloured and the layout is superb!

Bonnie said...

Woot, woot! I'm so happy for you, Trina! And this card is publication worthy itself! I sure wish your Copic skills rubbed off on me! Congratulations, my friend!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Trina, this is a wonderful achievement and I'm so happy for you. Your card is so beautiful so I'm sure they had no trouble choosing it. Congratulations!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congratulations, Trina! So well deserved win!
The hibiscus flowers are beautifully colored (love the highlights) and tilting the grid cover die-cut for a trellis backdrop is so clever! I'm so happy for you!
Hideko xx

Mac Mable said...

Many congratulations Trina and so very well deserved. A beautiful and vibrant card with wonderful colouring of those stunning flowers x Thrilled for you x

Sathya said...

Beautiful card, Trina! Many Congratulations!

Milka Gubo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Milka Gubo said...

Congratulations, Trina!!! Gorgeous card.