May 13, 2020

Jane’s Doodles Challenge #10 - Stencilling

Hello there.  It’s time for a new challenge at Jane’s Doodles and the theme is Stencilling.


I had planned on something more involved, but my back is out.  Lying flat with a pillow under my knees seems to be the only position that helps with the pain.   In fact, I fussy cut the image lying down! 😜  Anyway, here’s my card.


I chose to use the Jane’s Doodles Summer Icons because it’s cute and small; therefore, requires less sitting to colour. 😂   The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on X-Press It cardstock, coloured in with Copic markers then fussy cut out.  Then on a stitched Bristol panel from my stash, aqua dye ink was blended through a mini Candy Swirl stencil from Simon Says Stamp.  Flicked on some water and dabbed off with a paper towel to give it texture.


Next the sentiment from Jane’s Doodles All Occasions was white heat embossed on black cardstock and trimmed down to a strip.  For dimension, a couple of black stitched rectangles backed the panel.  A few mini circle clear drops (discontinued) finished off the card.


Time to grab those stencils and join us.  All the details and simple rules can be found on the challenge post HERE.  Thank you for dropping by.  Stay home and craft on.









Challenges:
Just Us Girls - #535 Mini (small image, small 3x3 stencil, mini clear drops)


11 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Oh Trina I'm so sorry to hear you are flat on your back. Back pain is awful because it affects every move you make. I hope you get relief soon. I am so impressed you cut that image out lying down! The card is so cute with that blue swirl and the placement of the image. Maybe hubby could fix you a drink just like that to help ease your back pain. Thinking of you, sweet friend.

Mac Mable said...

I echo Brenda's comments Trina....Fabulous CAS card, made even more special with your very painful back x.

Maria said...

Oh, my goodness! So sorry to hear about your back pain. I've been there and I'm missing my monthly appointments from my therapist. I do hope you get relief very soon! Love the tropical drink and wonderful stenciling behind it. Get well soon!

nancy littrell said...

CAS Sweet little image and sunrays stenciled background, Trina. So sorry about your back..I feel your pain..lol! My back is sooooo much better. My trips to the Chiropractor really helped and walking every day. I still do not like to sit too long at a time though. Do what your back likes best and take care, my friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

Bonnie said...

A little image with big impact, my friend! The sun rays really make that delicious tropical drink pop! I'm impressed that you did this while flat on your back! I know that back pain and it's hard to do anything when you're hurting like that. Be good to yourself and get better, my friend.

Loll said...

Adorable card Trina! That fun stenciled background looks amazing with your sweet image. Sorry to hear your back is out --- ouch! Take care my friend! xx

Cindy H. said...

Love your beautiful card, Trina! Even lying down your fussy cutting is amazing. I hope you feel better soon, it's miserable to have a back ache!

Ina G said...

That lovely stenciled background just make that summery drink just pop beautifully Trina. Simply gorgeous mini card. Thanks so much for taking time to add to our JUGS gallery. Hope your back heals quickly.

Christine Alexander said...

So sorry to hear about your back Trina, I've had sciatica so I can really sympathize:(
love your stencilled background so perfect for your summer drink. I think we will all be having these at home this year. No sunny vacays :)

Deborah Frings said...

I do like the simplicity of your design. Such a fun image and the stencilled background is fab. Thanks for playing along with JUGS, Deborah, GDT. x

Maryann scrapbooking said...

Superbe carte. J'adore !
Bravo pour le challenge "Just Us Girls".
Ah ! le dos quand les douleurs commencent c'est pour la vie.
Prenez soin de vous.
MaryannG