July 19, 2020

Santa’s Christmas in July

Hello there.  Popping in quickly to share a slimline Christmas in July scene card.  I think Santa prefers this “most wonderful time of the year” where he can relax with no stresses to worry about. 😂


The images are from Newton’s Nook Sun Soaked Christmas stamp set.  Started by die cutting a slimline stitched panel using a die from Trinity Stamps.  Stamped Santa and the sand”wo”man first with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Masked them, then stamped the palm trees.  Masked the palm trees as well before ink blending brown dye ink (discontinued) and Antique Linen distress ink for the sand and Mermaid Lagoon distress ink for the water.  Spritz with water and blot with a paper towel for some texture.


Dried the panel with a heat tool then coloured in the images and scene with Copic markers.  Went to re-stamp the images to crisp them up when it happened!  The Santa image was just a smidge off and then I noticed I accidentally coloured his arm holding the drink black!... arrrgh, I guess he could‘ve just burnt that arm really badly! 😂*lol*   I’m mentioning this to show a fix for this type of error. 😉


Anyway, I definitely did not want to start over or discard it, so I stamped and coloured the Santa image again, fussy cut him out then pieced on top of the old image.  Stamped the sentiment (retired) with Memento Rich Cocoa ink “in the sand” then again with VersaMark to heat emboss with clear embossing powder.  Adhered the panel to an 8.5”x3.5” white card base to finish.


My third slimline card!... I can see why some say it’s addicting!  Thank you for dropping by.  Have a wonderful week!










Challenges:
Christmas Kickstart - #33 Hatty Christmas
Christmas Craft Creations - July Christmas Characters
ModSquad - Slimline Scene
Time Out - #166 Peaceful
Merry Little Christmas - #24 July Anything Christmas Goes
Watercooler Wednesday - #280 Kath's Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist
Cardz 4 Guyz - # 249 No Patterned Paper

24 comments:

Loll said...

What a fun Christmas card Trina! Love the slimline size! Your Santa looks so happy relaxing in the pool with his drink. Great save with stamping another Santa and paper piecing. I seem to be doing more "repairs" to cards lately. xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, I wish be there with Santa! :D LOL Fab slimline card, and great work with the textures, love so much the sand effect on the sand-woman!! You saved Santa so well from your mistake, so I think that him has to remember it when will be Christmas gift moment :D LOL
Hugs

Dotty Jo said...

Did you hear my jaw hit the deck???? What a fabby card - I love everything about this. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Trina, Jo x

Cindy H. said...

What a fantastic card and a super save! Love the design and your gorgeous coloring.

Christine Alexander said...

amazing beach scene Trina, I love the long skinny card. I'll have to check out that die :)

Brenda in IN said...

That Santa cracks me up! This is such a fun card and my favorite thing is the tiny palm tree. Great way to save Santa. I would have just given him some Aloe Vera and sent him on his way! The coloring is awesome, that rubber tube he's on looks so real.

Karen Brown said...

This card is darling! I love the summery Christmas humor and your beautiful scene. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen - DT

Maria said...

What a fun scene with the Santa and snowman! So creative and lovely in color! I love it...well done!!

Bonnie said...

It looks like Santa is having a lovely, relaxing time, Trina! I wish I was floating in that cool water! Love the "sandwoman". I guess you can take Santa out of the North Pole, but you can't take the North Pole out of Santa! LOL! What a fun card, my friend!

Darlene said...

OMG what a FABULOUS slimline holiday card Trina! Aren't you the clever one! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Dawn Phillips said...

I love this scene and it was very generous to admit the little 'oops' moment. It's inspiring to see that someone who turns out such amazing cards can have the same moments that we all have. Love Dawn x

Mac Mable said...

Sorry about Santa's burnt arm Trina!...x A fun and fabulous card, with a great scene and wonderful colouring x.

Tristan said...

Amazing card Trina. Such a wonderful scene and good recovery with your Santa. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations this month. Tristan DT.

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a fun and cute slimline Christmas card, Trina! Your Santa and sandwoman are so adorable!
I love the gorgeous beach scene with your exquisite coloring! I didn't notice the Santa's black arm until I saw the "OOPS" arrow, but you fixed it perfectly anyway.
I always admire your attention to detail.
Hideko xx

ionabunny said...

Awesome scene. Love the sandman. Thanks for joining the fun at the Christmas Kickstart challenge. Hugz

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my goodness....just love your sweet card, your Santa is simply adorable. Thank you so much for playing along with at Time Out!

Helen said...

A great card - love your ink blending. And I would never have noticed his arm unless you'd pointed it out!!

Thanks for sharing it with us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Cazro said...

A fabulous designed seasonal card, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT.

Nonni said...

Wonderful slimline scene! The look of the Santa brings a big smile to my face and I love the sandman. The Christmas socks look great as well and just in general these Christassy images in the tropic look just hilarious making this one amazing card! Wonderful coloring from you as always. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

Shona Chambers said...

Isn't it funny how we feel we have to point out our mistakes when really no-one else would notice?? I do exactly the same!! Your card is spectacular and really speaks to me because its very hot in New Zealand at Christmas. Your colouring as always is perfection and love all the detail and shading on the sand, makes it look so real. Its a fantastic card and always wonderful to see you at TIME OUT!

Lady Joyful said...

This is such a fun slimline scene card! Really beautifully coloured. Thank you for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

Carol said...

Love Santa at the beach! Awesome card, great coloring! Carol - CCC DT

Helen said...

Me again!

Thanks for sharing it with us at the Christmas Craft Creations Challenge Blog too.

Helen x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

How did I miss this darling card, Trina? Gorgeous coloring and such a fun scene - really gave me a chuckle! Congrats on your win at Christmas Craft Creations!!