August 03, 2020

CAS Christmas August Challenge - 12 Days of Christmas

Hello there.  Welcome to the August challenge for CAS Christmas.  This month the theme is 12 Days of Christmas.


There are very little stamps out there for this theme.  So I decided to give digital images (digis) a try for the first time.  Ok, yes they are called digital stamps, but I have a problem calling them stamps when they aren’t. 😆  I used the Partridge in a Pear Tree image from Power Poppy for my card.


Printed the image onto X-Press It cardstock and coloured it in with Copic Sketch markers.  I wasn’t sure if the printer ink would take alcohol ink, so I actually printed out the image four times in each of the quadrant on a full standard sheet in varying sizes.  To keep it CAS, I used the smallest image.  The sentiment (unavailable) was black heat embossed.  For some shimmer, spritz it with a sparkle spray (couldn’t capture it in the photo).

8

The Postage Stamp die from SugarPea Designs is larger than what I wanted, so I did partial die cutting to reduce it.  Trimmed the image panel down to fit within the postage frame, then inked around the edges with Shabby Shutters and Black Soot distress inks.  Assembled the card onto celery cardstock (retired) to finish.

So what are my thoughts on digis?   I can see the benefits of digis and will use them again, but I prefer stamps.


Are you ready to play along?  We have Meg (Bits and Pieces) guest designing with us this month.  To see inspirations from her and my team, click HERE.  The challenge ends on August 24 PST.  Plenty of time to link up your card in the gallery.  Thank you so much for your visit.  Have a wonderful week.









Challenges:
Merry Little Christmas - #25 August Anything Christmas Goes
Watercooler Wednesday - #282 Anything Goes
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

20 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful coloring on your digi image Trina - so vibrant with the green card base and sponged edges on your image - the postage stamp framing highlights your image well! xx

Colleen said...

Beautiful, Trina, I like digis too, but not so very clever with placement and sizing of them...I guess I am a one size fits all kind of gal, I just print four of one size! Really a lot of things I need to learn to do, am I too old to learn new tricks? Heart Hugs, colleen

Maria said...

I think you did a wonderful job with the digi! I like working with them at times. Love the pretty image and the gorgeous color of green!

Loll said...

WOW! Beautifully coloured image and amazing framing, Trina! LOVE the bright green with black that really brings out the green in the image. Always inspired by you, my friend! xx

Bonnie said...

I think we'll see a lot of this digital image this month, Trina! I LOVE how you've colored and framed it! The sponging along the edges of the design piece really brings out the pretty design!

Christine Alexander said...

I've never tried digital images, can't quite take the plunge but being able to adjust the size is a really big bonus.
your partridge in a pear tree is stunning, love the colours and layering :)

Susan said...

Interesting to hear your impression of digital stamps - that you prefer stamps. I haven't tried digis but I think I'd feel the same way if I did. Love your card and the wonderful shades of green. Good for you, doing partial die cutting to get the postage stamp die to fit - that sounds fiddly! Thank you for making a great card for the challenge I'm hosting.

Karen Brown said...

I love your Partridge in a Pear Tree and your gorgeous greens. We are so pleased that you joined us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Karen

Marcia Hill said...

Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Trina!! I've never had much luck with digital images because the black ink always smears when I start my coloring, so I am doubly impressed how beautifully your card came out! Love the darkened edges and the postage stamp die cut framing too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Brenda in IN said...

This is a great card for your first digital stamp. I love the sponging around the panel and the shades of green. A terrific card, Trina.

Mac Mable said...

Great digi image and a fabulous card with great colouring Trina x I haven't tried digi's either x.

meg said...

thank you for your kind comments on my card, I love this image, a coincidence we both used green with it, a brilliant card

Darnell said...

That celery color is a real standout, Trina, and it really makes that wonderful digi image just pop because of your amazing coloring skills! I've never used digis. It seems much simpler to me to use a stamp then fuss with the printer and getting the paper to work for both the ink/coloring and not jam up ... plus, I have way too many NBUS stamps here to ever justify using a digi. It's a whole nother street to go down and my vehicle is parked, lol!! I hope you're keeping well! Hugs, Darnell

Viv said...

Wow this is so gorgeous Trina, I love it!esp. the green, so clean looking, great colouring here too ;) Viv xx

Linda said...

Gorgeous card and coloring Trina. So beautiful.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous colouring, love the fresh green, just perfect for the pears! I have a pear tree in my garden, and just now they are of the same colour :D
Beautiful work, as always!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

You colored the digi stamp image beautifully, Trina! Digi stamps sure expand our image selection and you found a great one for the challenge.
I love that you inked the edges, which adds depth of the postal stamp image and enhances the green-theme. And you perfectly partial die-cut the postal stamp! Great job!
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Trina, the white postage die makes that image really pop, it's beautifully coloured too. I've not tried digis either, I don't think my printer takes any decent weight card. It needs replacing so I'll be looking for one that I can put heavier card in, then I might be able to try some digis, Cathy x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Another wow, Trina! Just love how you colored this fabulous digi and it looks amazing on the green card - very luminous!!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Trina! Beautiful coloring and I love how you inked around the edges...Love your postage stamp frame, too! Great idea to use a digital image...adjusting the size is such a bonus :)