April 10, 2021

Spellbinders April Small Die of the Month

Hello there.  I’m popping in today to share a thank you card made with the April Spellbinders Small Die of the Month.  This month is called Stitched Thanks and consists of seven dies - one large main die with the stitching holes and six letters to spell “thanks”.  It’s perfectly sized for a slimline card.

I have wanted to give stitching a try for a couple of years now and even bought the supplies back then.  Sadly, they have been collecting dust ever since. 🙈   So when I couldn’t find or remember where I kept them, I was so bummed.  I thought about buying the supplies again, but this die set can be used with or without stitching.  But as luck would have it, I found them last night just as I was about to post!  Here’s my card.


Being this is my first time stitching, I felt stitching the full die (which is gorgeous btw) would be a bit daunting.  So I went in a completely different direction, taking different parts and created stitched embellishment pieces for my card.


4 pieces of the one on the left above were overlapped and the holes aligned to form the large blue flower.  The piece on the right created the purple flower. 


This is a mini slimline card; another first for me.  A piece of Bristol paper was trimmed to 6”x3”.  The top and bottom were dry embossed with the large main die to give it some texture.  The letters were die cut from black cardstock and silver foil paper and offset for a shadow effect.  Assembled the card onto a 6”x3” white card base and added glitter enamel dots from Your Next Stamp Enchanted Garden Sparkly Gumdrops to finish.


The Small Die of the Month is one of many monthly club kits offered by Spellbinders.  To see the other monthly clubs, click HERE.  For certain available past club kits, click HERE.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great day.

 

9 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

That was genius to only use parts of that die to do your stitching. It looks so pretty and those letters are gorgeous. Great stitching for your first time. There are times I spend lots of time looking for something I know I bought a while back too.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!!! Your stitched flowers are just awesome!!! And such fabulous design with the embossed panel and those textured letters!! Another wonderful CAS, so unique!
Hugs, have a lovely rest of Sunday!

Mac Mable said...

How creative are you? Amazing card, wonderful stitching and a striking card Trina x.

BożenA said...

Your embroidered flowers are stunning, Trina! I love such cards, they are so unusual. They convey a large load of the creator's personality. I also like these letters, very interesting design.
hugs,
BożenA

Christine Alexander said...

I love your stitched die cuts, such a neat effect :)

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a dynamic, absolutely beautiful stitched greeting.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Susan said...

Wow! That takes patience to do all that stitching! Good for you! It's a lovely effect. And I like the way you dry embossed on the background. Great mini slimline - a size I'm coming to really like.

Bonnie said...

Your stitching looks like it was done by a pro, Trina! So pretty and beautifully done! Love this mini slimline card and the way you've offset the silver letters with the black! Wow!

Loll said...

Beautiful card with your new stitching dies, Trina! LOVE those sweet flowers with your stitching detail ... you did GOOD!! :) xx