June 23, 2021

Simple Thanks

Hello everyone.  Crafty friends are the best!  My card I’m sharing today is to thank my amazing crafty friends who sent their condolences when my dad passed away at the end of April.  It really helped a lot during a difficult time.  So after finding out from Mr. Google that peach colour represents gratitude, I made this super easy clean and simple (CAS) card.


The rose from a new die set called Bouquet Accessories by Hero Arts (HA) was die cut from blush cardstock (retired) and coloured/shaded with Copic markers.  The Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Script Thanks Shadow  was die cut twice from Bristol paper and once from silver foil paper then stacked for dimension. 


Assembled them onto a stitched Bristol panel from my stash.  Added shading below the rose with gray Copic markers to ground it.  Clear shimmer on the rose for a bit of sparkle to finish.


And that’s it!  Super easy and CAS.  Thank you for dropping by.






Challenges:
SSS Flickr Challenge - #178 Anything Goes (SSSFlickrchallenge#178used SSS Script Thanks) 

14 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Outstanding coloring. I thought this was a staged rose! So pretty. Sending sympathy on the loss of your dad too 💕

MortiCraft said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad. A very sad thing has led to a very beautiful card. That rose is incredible as it looks 3D, at all angles. Thank you for playing along with Uniko. X

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful card Trina.

Susan said...

Beautiful rose and fabulous layout!

nancy littrell said...

Simply Beautiful die cut blush dimensional rose, Trina. Love your die cut stacked Thanks with the last layer being silver foil, too. Your thank you card is a work of art, my friend. You Dad would have loved it too:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

Witchcrafted Life said...

What an incredibly beautiful card. Timelessly so, in fact.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Trina,so perfectly CAS too, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a beauty, Trina! I hope memories of your dad continue to bring comfort as you grieve!

BożenA said...

I'm so sorry, I didn't know you lost your dad in April. My sincere condolences, Trina.
This card is such an amazing gratitude card. Beautiful and very touching.
hugs,
BożenA

conil said...

Wonderfully simple and simply beautiful card. So sorry to hear of your loss. This is THE perfect card for his remembrance and your appreciation for your friend's condolences.

Bonnie said...

I don't know how I missed this, but congratulations on your win at The Flower Challenge! Your rose bud is so delicate and beautiful! This card is so elegant, my friend! A well deserved win!

Darnell said...

I am extremely lucky to have received this sensational card in my mailbox! And now that rose die is winging it's way to me because your card is simply breathtaking, Trina! You've made that rose look like a photograph! Thank you, too, for the super cool and glittery HB2ME card! Crossing my fingers that all goes well on the 13th!! Keep me posted, my friend! Mwah! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

p.s. Congratulations on the well-deserved win at The Flower Challenge! I think it will be the first of four wins!

Mac Mable said...

One stand out card, which looks amazing Trina x. Many congratulations with the win over at The Flower challenge x. Sending hugs x.