June 15, 2021

CAS Christmas June Reminder - Snowman

Hello there!  This is the reminder post for this month’s Snowman challenge at CAS Christmas.


Due to the lack of space and my preference for clear stamps, I stopped buying red rubber stamps.  I do make exceptions for background stamps... and apparently for adorable stamps from The Sweetest Little Town collection by Stacey Yacula at Purple Onion Designs (POD), too. 😂*lol*   I think it helps that POD offers their stamps unmounted, which make them the same thickness as clear stamps… but I still prefer clear stamps. 😂   My favourite from the collection is Sweet Snow Friends (snowman, penguin & bunny), which I used for my card. 


To temporarily adhere the unmounted rubber stamp to the MISTI stamping tool door, Elmer’s rubber cement glue was applied to the back then let dry for a bit before attaching it.  Stamped the image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on an Xpress It cardstock panel die cut with the Memory Box Wrapped Stitch Rectangle die.  Coloured it with Copic markers.


Stamped the image again onto masking paper and fussy cut it to create the mask.  Masked the image then blended Salvaged Patina distress ink with a blender brush for the background.  Lightly spritz with water and blot with a paper towel ti give a bit of texture.  Dried the panel with the heat tool before black heat embossing the sentiment from the Jolly Happy Snowmen stamp set by Kraftin Kimmie.  I was going to splatter with some white gouache paint to get a snowy look, but wasn’t confident enough and knew I would ruin it. 😂   Adhered the panel to a white card base to finish.


Have you played along yet?  The challenge ends on June 24 PST, so there is still time.  For more wonderful inspirations from the rest of the design team, head on over to the challenge blog post HERE.  Thank you for stopping by.  

 




Challenges:

22 comments:

Witchcrafted Life said...

Tremendously adorable card. As we leap into summer's hottest months, I wouldn't say no to making a snowman or two these days! :)

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

PS: Due lack to space + a love of using a stamping platform whenever possible, I tend to gravitate more towards clear and unmounted rubber stamps as well.

Susan said...

Adorable snowman and the two little critters who build him! Fabulous colouring and a great sentiment.

Colleen said...

Trina you have the most creative mind in using small stamps in BIG ways. this scene is adorable. Love this design very much!

Maria said...

Aww...so so cute with the darling snowman and sweet critter friends!! Beautiful coloring as always!!

Christine Alexander said...

Stacey Yacula images are so cute and this little scene is perfect. Awesome colouring as always ♥

Vicki Dutcher said...

Excellent coloring!

Inkyfingers said...

What a fabulous and stylish festive CAS design, Trina! I can see why you had to have that adorable stamp and you have coloured it beautifully.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge.
Hugs
Carol x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I can see why you made an exception for the stamps of this brand, how lovely and cute characters!! Your colouring is always stunning, you have a great talent. Adorable CAS as your usual!!

Brenda in IN said...

Trina, this is so cute. I love the critters and the snowman is so happy to have his friends around him. Lovely coloring. I will now be running that song through my head all day!

Marcia Hill said...

Absolutely ADORABLE card Trina! I bought this image with a few others when I went shopping for the 1st post, but haven't had a chance to color them up yet! Stacey Yacula sure knows how to do CUTE!! You've colored this image beautifully too Trina, and the sentiment is just perfect!! Sweet, sweet card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

I can see why you made an exception to buying red rubber stamps with this image, Trina. It is ADORABLE!! Of course, you amazing talent for colouring really brings this to life, like no one else could. LOVE the salvaged patina in the background. Bought the inks but have not opened them yet, what am I waiting for??!! :) xx

Barb Ghig said...

I know I say it all the time, but you are incredibly talented Trina! This is such a darling image and it really comes to life with your beautiful Copic coloring! I love your soft blue background and wonky stitched border, too...Thanks for making me smile :) xx

Bonnie said...

This stamp is definitely a keeper, Trina! Love how you've colored it and the ink blended background!

Julia Aston said...

Gorgeous coloring and shading on this sweet stamp Trina - I love the sentiment too!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Such an adorable snow friends scene, Trina! Your amazing coloring and the off-the-edge design make this card so special! Great job of masking too. I want to borrow your magic hand sometimes. ;-)
Hideko xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

p.s. I have the lack of space issue too. And I really wish I could somehow convert the rubber stamps I have into clear stamps which allow me to see outlines of images. I can't do without Misti.

Mac Mable said...

Ohhhh this card is absolutely adorable Trina x. I can totally see why you had to have the stamp, rubber or not x. Wonderful colourful and I love how you've stamped just off the edge. A real cutie Trina x.

Izzy Scrap said...

So sweet ! Love your adorable little scene and the sentiment (reminds me a certain Disney movie, no ?). Also love your placement and your incomparable colouring. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at ATSM.

Darlene said...

Absolutely awesome and your coloring is amazing! Love it! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Oh my gosh! That image is adorable and makes the perfect little winter scene! Super adorable card! Thank you so much for taking the time to join us at Addicted to Stamps and More :)

Linda said...

Trina, simply adorable and so beautifully colored. Love it.

foleysfriend said...

What a super sweet card. Those three seem to be good friends. Great job with the Copics and masking for the background "glow". Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.