April 01, 2020

Guest Designer for The Male Room Challenge #133



Hello there.  I’m so excited to be guest designing at The Male Room (TMR) challenge today for their challenge #133 - Make Me Laugh.  


Quite needed during this uncertain time, right!?  I don’t have any humour-specific stamps, but the cute critters from Your Next Stamp Photo Booth and Photo Booth Thumbs Up always put a smile on my face.  So I used them to make my nephew’s birthday card.  His birthday was two days ago.


Along the bottom edge of an X-Press It cardstock panel, stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and masked to create the row of critters.  Coloured them in with Copics then stamped the sentiment from My Favourite Things Sassy Pants Birthday Greetings 2 with Archival Black ink.


Next, created the background by ink blending Cracked Pistachio, Mermaid Lagoon and Blueprint Sketch distress inks through the Birthday Balloon Duo stencil from Studio Katia.  Finished with some Blueprint Sketch splatters.


I want to thank Jane and TMR challenge team for having me guest design.  Head on over to the challenge post HERE for more inspirations and join in the fun.  Thank you for dropping by.  Stay well.  Stay home.  Craft on.










Challenges:
Your Next Stamp - #135 Cute Critters
Seize the Birthday - #186 Cards for Kids
NBUS #13 - Use NEW never before used stuff (all stamps and stencils are new)
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Cards 4 Boys or AG 4 Kids


26 comments:

Jane said...

Wonderful card and certainly made me smile! Thanks for guesting with us at The Male Room.

SD pooja said...

Trina !! This is funny..see the expressions on those cute critter faces and the sentiment !

Brenda in IN said...

This made me laugh out loud, I love that sentiment. Then I noticed the critters and fun balloon background. What a great card, Trina. Thanks for the heads up about Inspired By. That was new to me and I entered. Also, thanks for answering about the cardstock.

Mac Mable said...

Thanks for the smiles and what a fabulous masculine card Trina...Many congratulations on guesting x.

KandA said...

Fabulous fun card, those little critters are wonderful xx

Susan said...

Brought a smile to my face! What a great sentiment! And a fabulous background of balloons. Congrats on being Guest Designer.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling card, Trina! Just love the crowd along the bottom and all the stenciled balloons! Really made me smile!!

Bonnie said...

What a fun card, Trina! It made me laugh out loud! Great coloring on all those party goers and wonderful balloon background! Congratulations on being Guest Designer for the Male Room!

Christine Alexander said...

You are the Queen of masking Trina, I'm always amazed at the scenes you create, Congrats on being GD :)

Linda said...

This is so much fun ..... definitely made me smile! xx

Diane said...

I saw you fabulous card at NBUS and had to stop by to say how much I LOVE it!! Super cute design and it made me smile BIG time!!
Diane {Nellies Nest}

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

So funny and beautifully made Tina, I'm so glad your our GDT with this challenge.
Keep safe and well
Faith TMR DT

Maura said...

HI, I am coming from the NBUS challenge - love this adorable (and funny) card!! The balloons are such a pretty bg! Mauramccro

Carol L said...

What a totally cute and FUN card! The little characters at the bottom are having way too much fun with those big beautiful balloons, but the sentiment just blew me away! Hilarious card!

Nancy said...

Excellent card Trina! You always make the best cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Such a fun design and love the gang wanting to help celebrate.

Darnell said...

Congratulations on guest designing at The Male Room, Trina! Your card is absolutely a hoot and I thank you for the guffaw! Great masking and ballooning! Hugs, Darnell

Darnell said...

Oops, forgot to say thank you for sharing over at NBUS!! Mwah!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Congrats on guesting at The Male Room, Trina!
This card made me laugh. :-D Those critters are so cute and fun!! Great combination of the stamp sets.
The softly stenciled balloons in the background are so beautiful. Your nephew must have loved the card.
Hideko xx

Loll said...

Well this certainly brightened my day Trina! :) Made me smile to see those crazy critter faces. I bet your nephew LOVED his card! xx

Maria said...

Oh, what a fun birthday card! Love those cute fun critters and the beautiful soft balloons!

Debbie said...

Such a cute card - those critters make me smile.

jessica - craftychicgirl said...

Ha! What a fun card :-)

My Paper Epiphany said...

Ha ha😂 I love all your cute critters and beautifully sponged balloons! So much work and excellent result:)

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun birthday card, Trina! I love all those adorable critters and your balloons are fabulous! I'm sure your nephew loved it, too :)

TK said...

Fun card you've created, you've got the whole Hee Haw Gang there!