August 04, 2021

Spellbinders August Small Die of the Month

Hello there.  Today I’m sharing the August Spellbinders Small Die of the Month.  This month’s Hex Kaleidoscope Tile die set consists of 6 cutting dies.


I don’t own any layering dies, so I was eager to use the 3-layering hexagon dies to create this simple and colourful graphic card for any occasion.


A dark and light shade of each colour from Memory Box 6x6 color paper packs were used here.  The bottom layer was die cut from the dark colour and the middle layer from the light one.  The top layer is a mixture of whatever white paper scraps that were in my stash.


Stacked the layers together, then arranged them onto a 4x5.25 inch black panel.  Next, the sentiment from last month’s Sending Floral Wishes Clear Stamp of the Month was heat embossed with white embossing powder before mounting it onto a white card base to finish.


Once again, I had so much fun using these dies that I made a birthday card, too.  This time I stuck to my favourite blue colour. 😉   Plus, I wanted to finally use my new hot foil machine!


The layered hex kaleidoscope tiles were adhered to light-weight paper first, then trimmed at a slant.  


The sentiment is from Spellbinders Mini Everyday Sentiments and it was hot foiled with Cobalt Blue foil on a Bristol panel.  Trimmed a couple of strips of the dark colour paper then assembled the card to finish.  Easy-peasy!


Spellbinders offer a variety of club kits to suit your preference(s) and you can check them all out HERE.  The August club kits are available now through August 24th.  Select past kits may also be available and you can check it out HERE.  Thank you for dropping by.  Have a wonderful day.




Challenges



14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

WOW the layering dies look amazing and so are your cards Trina x. Such a dramatic and stunning first one and such a pretty second one, especially with the added blue foiling x.

Inkyfingers said...

What striking designs, Trina! Love the first card which is so elegant and original and the second card is so clever with how you arranged those tiles and then cut on the slant.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous designs, Trina - now I'm looking forward to my August kits! You also inspire me to get out my foiler - love the blue sentiment on card two!!

Brenda in IN said...

These are lovely, Trina. I'm never sure what to do with dies like this but you nailed it. I love that blue and white tile look.

Bonnie said...

Wow! I wouldn't have looked twice at these dies but now they're on my wish list! They are stunning on the black card base and just as beautiful on the white! I love how you've used the foiled sentiment too. I need to get my Glimmer out and play again!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow wow wow!!! Such amazing cards with those beautiful layering dies!! You shown their versatility so well!
Your designs are both awesome, the first one looks dramatic on the black panel, and such great choice is the mix of light and dark tones, the result is a wonderful and colourful kaleidoscope!! LOVE it!
LOVE also so much the second card, very elegant in blue tones! It remembers me some beautiful Provence patterns for tiles and ceramics. Lovely foiled sentiment too!

Christine Alexander said...

the die's look amazing all layered up, love colours and the masculine design :)

Cardsbymaaike said...

Fabulous makes, I love the layered effect and the blue with the white. Thank you for playing at the Male Room Challenges

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, the layered hexagons in rainbow colors look amazing on black, Trina! I love the way you placed each flower hexagon! The blue version is so pretty too! You did a great job of foiling the sentiment. It looks so professional. I knew you would love foiling! :-)
Hideko xx

MortiCraft said...

Love both of these! The layering dies are wonderful and I love the two completely different looks you have achieved with them. Thanks for playing along with The Male Room. X

BożenA said...

Both of these cards stole my heart. I just think I need this set of punches. Black is amazing with its contrast and white looks like antique porcelain ...
hugs,
BożenA

Witchcrafted Life said...

Super chic cards! What eye-catching, beautiful layered designs.

Happiest congrats on your new hot foil machine!

https://www.livinglocurto.com/kids-craft-idea-vacation/

cindy said...

Incredibly beautiful! Thank you so much for your stunning inspiration <3

Sari / Granne said...

Oh wau, love your cards, so beautiful and effective. Thank you so much for joining The Male Room Challenge #153 - Our 8th Birthday