October 20, 2021

Butterfly Shaped Floral Birthday

Hello there.  I haven’t been feeling well as I’ve been fighting a cold.  Yes, a cold!  Being in a Covid pandemic for almost two years, does anyone remember the last time you had a cold? 😆   It’s been years for me!  Anyway, I dragged myself to the craft room today, determined to complete the card that I started on World Card Making Day (WCMD)! *lol*😂   I was also determined to use all new products, which I’m pleased to say I accomplished!  All stamps and dies used for my card were new.


I bought the Choose Hope floral stamp set from Pinkfresh Studio (PFS) as soon as it was released, and wouldn’t you know it, it sat in my drawer until WCMD. 🙈  So I dusted it off and inked it up with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  Stamped it onto Xpress It cardstock then coloured it with Copic markers.  And that was all I had done on WCMD because I was waiting for the PFS Perfect Sentiments stamp and die sets to arrive to add to it and create a clean and simple (CAS) card.  


Well since then other challenges have popped up that I wanted to participate in, so I nixed the CAS card idea.  The Flower Challenge (TFC) is celebrating their 5th birthday (happy birthday TFC!) and is asking for us to use a shape.  Not sure if a butterfly shape is taking my creative licence too far, but I just received the PFS Butterflies die, and used it to die cut from the coloured floral image and from black cardstock.  Took the lightest colour Copic marker used in colouring the flowers and filled in the negative background space, then offset the two butterfly cutouts for a drop shadow.


Heat embossed the Perfect Sentiment on black cardstock with white embossing powder, then die cut out with the coordinating die.  Die cut two more from black cardstock to stack for dimension.  The Crackle Background stamp from Simon Says Stamp was stamped with Memento London Fog ink.  Assembled the card onto a white card base, then added clear shimmer on the flowers to finish.  Thank you for stopping by.




Challenges:

16 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Trina sorry to hear you've had a cold and hope you feel better soon. Darn things are catching up with us now as we've been keeping them at bay for the last year and a half.
Great card, love that beautiful flower in the butterfly wings :)

Maria said...

Sorry to hear that you have a cold. I hope you get to feeling better very soon. Your butterfly card is gorgeous. Such a lovely image. Wonderful crackle background, too. Great card as always, so pretty!!

BożenA said...

What an amazing card, trina. I love description How to create this card. It seems easy, but your coloring of this beautiful bouquet is a higher driving school! Adding a background around flowers looks fantastic, I love uneven distribution coloring of a bouquet in a butterfly.
And get well soon !!
hugs,
BożenA

Vicki Dutcher said...

I do love your work! This is just stunning - what rich, beautiful color you achieved!!

Susan said...

Beautiful card, Trina. Love the way you cut the flowers out with the butterfly die. Gorgeous colours too. That crackle background is on my wish list so I'm inspired to see you use it. Hope you feel better soon.

Aileen said...

Such a stunning creation Trina, you so rock purple colours. The floral butterfly is wonderful and the crackled background amazing. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Mac Mable said...

Such a showstopper of a card and so very beautiful Trina x. The shadow effect looks great and what stunning colours on that amazing butterfly. Loving the stamped background too x. Hope you feel better soon and yes certainly less colds throughout covid/lockdown x.

Bonnie said...

Wow! This is awesome, Trina! I love the flower on the butterfly shape and those beautiful purple shades! So sorry you have a cold. Hope it passes soon!

Tristan said...

Trina this is simply stunning. SO glad you kept adding to it. The flowers in the butterfly are amazing and I love that rustic brivk looking background too. Thanks for joining us at the WWC. tristan DT.

Loll said...

AMAZING! Your are so talented Trina! LOVE your beautiful, flower-filled butterfly. It's gorgeous with fabulous colours. Looks great on the crackled background. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a brilliant way to use the floral stamp for the butterfly, Trina! At first I really didn't know where you used a stamp from the Choose Hope set, and looked at the stamp set twice!
The black shadows are so effective to pop the butterfly and the sentiment on the cool crackle background!
I'm sorry to hear that you have a cold. Hope you get well soon!
Hideko xx

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous card and I love this butterfly and the beautiful flowers. The background is awesome too. Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge!

Dawn T said...

Love this beautiful butterfly Trina. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Cathy said...

Your floral butterfly looks amazing Trina, love the crackle background too, wonderful card. Thankyou for playing along at Watercooler Wednesday too, Cathy x

Witchcrafted Life said...

Oh no! I'm deeply sorry that you're battling a cold, Trina. That's rough indeed. Very true about coming down with fewer colds in recent years. May this be the only bug of any kind that hits you this year, my friend.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

PS: Your card is enchantingly gorgeous! It makes me extra eager to witness butterflies return to our wee corner of the globe again next spring (they usually start doing so around late April or early May).

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Trina, thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' :) Viv DT xx