April 01, 2022

Guest Designer for The Color Hues Challenge #38 - Pink and Green


Hello everyone.  I’m back this week with another guest designing (GD) post.  This time I’m thrilled to be joining the team at The Color Hues (TCH) for challenge #38 - Pink and Green


Of course it had to be April Fools today!  I could have sworn someone was playing a trick on me because it was quite the ordeal to create my card. 😂  I just received my order containing the gorgeous Rarest Rose stamp set from Gina K Designs and I was determined to use it right away.  After having to start over and then managing to save my second attempt, my mini slimline floral birthday card was finally done! 


The image was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on a mini slimline panel (3.25”x6.25”) trimmed from Xpress It cardstock.  This turned out more dramatic than I had planned, but to save my second card that had a green alcohol ink smear on it, I coloured the background black!  Colouring was done with Copic Sketch markers.  

Pinks - RV000, RV00, R81, R83, RV25
Greens - YG67, YG63, YG61 | BG05, YG06, YG03, YG01 | G28, YG17, YG07 
(hard to tell against the dark background, but with 3 different style leaves, I used 3 different blending combos)
Grays - C4, C2, C00 (for shading the white flowers) 
Black - 100


The sentiment from Waffle Flower Essential Sentiments was stamped with Hero Arts Unicorn white ink and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  Added clear shimmer to the pink flowers using a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen.  Embellished with some clear Raindrops from Studio Katia to finish.


I want to thank Nancy and TCH team for having me GD today.  To see the inspirations from the designers and/or link up your entry, click HERE.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day.







Challenges:


27 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats for another GD spotlight, well deserved for sure! Your slimline is so dramatic and feminine, wow!! Welcome smears if the final result is also better than the first one! LOL :D Your colouring skills always amaze me!
Hugs

Bonnie said...

These roses are GORGEOUS, my friend! The black background makes them so dramatic! Awesome card, my friend!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - love your coloring, Trina! The black looks amazing!! Congrats on guest designer slot!!

Christine Alexander said...

wow, your rose is amazing on the black background ♥ Trina your cards are always stunning xx

Diane said...

Wow, this is stunning, the black background really sets off the gorgeous pink flowers! Thank you for joining our challenge at Four Seasons!
Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
{Four Seasons}

Kristie Goulet said...

This is an amazing card! I love the roses against the black background! Super pretty! So happy to have you as Guest Designer at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

The black background really lets those pink blooms pop Trina. So pleased to have you as our GD for this challenge. :)

Darlene said...

OH WOW Trina ... this is GORGEOUS! That black background really make these beautifully colored flowers POP! Stunning! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

Darlene
FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

P.S. AND, If I hadn’t already mentioned it, just wanted to let you know that I have another new challenge blog. This time it’s all about using your EMBOSSING FOLDERS. I hope you’ll come check us out and play along at CAN YOU HANDLE THE PRESSURE. Hope to see you there!

Julia Aston said...

Your florals are gorgeous against the black Trina - what a beautiful card! xx

Maria said...

A fabulous card, Trina! Love the pretty pink flowers against the black background! Congrats on your GD spot, how fun!

baileyrosy.com said...

Absolutely amazing card, the colours are stunning.

Marie

Nancy said...

Trina, As I mentioned before I love your perseverance! I would have thrown in the towel long ago. This turned out absolutely stunning! We are lucky to have you!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh WOW. The flowers look stunning and that black background makes them stand out so well. That's a lot of black coloring!

Loll said...

STUNNING card Trina! The flowers and leaves are coloured to perfection and look amazing against the black background. This is an eye-popping card! xx

Tee said...

Just Gorgeous!

Cindy Beach said...

Trina, we are thrilled to have you as GD! I would never imagine you had any trouble. This creation is a show-stopper! The roses look amazing!

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely stunning, amazing colouring and a very striking card, which I love Trina x.

Mac Mable said...

Many congratulations with guesting with this stunner Trina x.

Tracey McNeely said...

Trina I love your bold and dramatic design style always, this is such a beautiful card and any one would be thrilled to get this card. Thank you so much for being our guest for this challenge at the Color Hues, hope you are doing well my friend!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Trina, this is jaw-dropping, stop-you-in-your-tracks and do multiple double-takes stunning!!!

Utterly incredible card with some of the most gorgeous colouring work I have ever had the pleasure of laying eyes on.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Trina, those blooms are stunning against the black, your colouring is flawless, as always! Thankyou too for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Karen said...

There's just one word for your coloring of these beautiful flowers--exquisite! It's a stunning card, and we are so lucky to have you as a Guest Designer at Color Hues!

BożenA said...

Your card is perfect, Trina. I love vivid colors, and the black background enhances the colors of flowers and leaves even more. I believe the card is perfect in every way.
xx

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW, this is gorgeous Trina. Thanks for sharing your art with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and please visit again soon.
Karen L, DT
The Four Seasons
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

cm said...

Echoing the others, Trina: your roses are breath-taken-away gorgeous...and made all the more stunning with the dark background! Work of art! So thrilled to have you as our CH guest designer!
hugs~carol

shirley-bee said...

Wow, this is spectacular! I love the dramatic back background with the vibrant colours of the flowers and leaves. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday 🥳

Rae Ann said...

The colors really pop on the black background! There are no mistakes! Just happy accidents.

Thank you for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner for our Add a Flower challenge.