June 06, 2022

Happy Birthday Mom

Hello there.  My mom’s birthday is this Thursday, and there was a gorgeous card or stock photo (not sure which) that has stuck with me ever since I saw it.  Unfortunately, my search for it again has come up empty.  Anyway, so when I received my order with the beautiful Magnolia Ballerina 3D embossing folder (EF) with the coordinating coloring stencils by Altenew, I couldn’t wait to CASE it.  Here’s my card. 


Started by stamping the sentiment from Hero Arts (HA) Let’s Celebrate stamp set with Something Borrowed premium dye ink from Catherine Pooler onto a Bristol panel, then heat embossed it with clear glitter embossing powder.  Next, spritz each side of the panel with water (this helps prevent the paper from cracking) before inserting it into the EF leaving the sentiment hanging outside the EF.  To avoid getting the edge impressed onto the panel, the cutting pad was placed only over the EF right to the EF edge when running it through the die cutting machine.  I guess that’s partial embossing? 🤔 


Removed the panel from the EF and used the stencils with a foam blending tool and/or blender brush to add gray dye ink to the embossed image to give a bit of shading on these white flowers.  For the flower centres, CP Something Borrowed ink was applied to them with a detailed blending tool and then heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder as well. The butterfly (retired) was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on alcohol marker friendly card stock, coloured in with Copic Sketch markers, then die cut out with the matching die.  Assembled the card onto a white card base, then added clear shimmer and white dot details with a gelly roll pen to the butterfly to fimish.

If anyone happens to come across the card I’m CASEing, please send me the link so I can give proper credit.  That does it for my card today.  Thank you for stopping by.







Challenges:


23 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

This 3D EF is just stunning, I thought it was a diecut flower!!! Wow! Your grey shades work so well!! Love the blue glittered flower centres and the butterfly! A lot of work for this dimensional birthday CAS card, your Mum will be delighted for sure!!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is stunning Trina, your mom will love it!

Lia said...

A gorgeous card! I like the blue butterfly.
Lia DT CYHTP

Glenda said...

I love butterflies so your card just speaks to me! Thanks for joining us at The Four Seasons Challenge!

Barbara said...

I have this stencil and now I want to pull it out again and add a butterfly. THat extra addition to this card makes it a masterpiece. Thanks for sharing git with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

Diane said...

Stunningly beautiful card, Make sure to add it to our challenge at Double D where the theme is white with one color, it qualifies! Thank you for joining our challenges at Four Seasons and Can You Handle The Pressure!
Diane FS DT and CYHTP DT {Nellies Nest}
{Double D}

Mac Mable said...

The vibrancy of the blue looks amazing with the subtle grey of those beautiful embossed magnolias. One stunning card Trina x.

Cindy H. said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Love that lovely e.f. image and the blue butterfly.

Bonnie said...

WOW! This is gorgeous, Trina! Your Mom will love it!

Brenda in IN said...

The gray and that shade of blue are awesome together. You have such a great way with colors. Your mom will be so happy to receive this gorgeous card.

Nancy said...

Oh, Trina, this is so pretty! Love the pop of blue throughout the card and that butterfly. Your mom is going to love it. Thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

Christine Alexander said...

Stunning Trina, I might just have to hunt that EF and stencil down ♥

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a beautiful card, Trina! The deep embossing is enhanced by your colours and the butterfly looks even more striking against the paler shades.
Hugs
Carol x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Such a stunning blue butterfly atop the embossed flower, Trina! I googled blue butterfly cards and there were so many - stopped viewing before I found one like yours :)

Maria said...

What a stunning card, so beautiful!! I’m sure your Mom loved it!!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Trina, the blue is so stunning, bet your Mum adores the card! Thankyou too for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Loll said...

This is a "WOW" card Trina. Your mom is going to love it! xx

Diane said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Double D!
Diane DD DT

Papercraft Boutique said...

This is stunning, Trina! I love your 3D embossed magnolias with light gray shadow! Your favorite color, blue, is used so effectively! Your mom's going to love the card!
Hideko xx

Jane said...

Absolutely stunning! Such a vibrant blue and I love all the textured layers. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

BożenA said...

Your mom sure loves this card, Trina. I love the colors, delicate grays broken with a vibrant blue color. It looks stunning! This set of EF and stencil allows you to create truly amazing cards
hugs,
BożenA

kareN stampZ said...

what an amazing embossing folder, that is so pretty

Karen Letchworth said...

WOW, this is gorgeous Trina. Thanks for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge Blog. I hope you'll join us again soon.

I see that you're, like me, a lover of Altenew. LOVE their stuff. Well, our sponsor right is Altenew over at Word Art Wednesday and I'd love to have you play along there as well. You could WIN an Altenew gift card. And, I'd love seeing your art shared with us there. Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly.

Have a blessed and creative week.
Karen L, DT The Four Seasons
Blog Owner, Word Art Wednesday Challenge www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com