June 19, 2022

Make a Wish

Hello there.  It’s my niece’s birthday today.   Unbelievable how quickly 17 years has flown by!  Hope she doesn’t think this CAS (clean and simple) birthday card is too young for her. 😂


The sweet bunny from Mama Elephant Up with Love was in my stash.  It was previously stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto alcohol marker friendly cardstock, coloured with Copic Sketch markers then die cut out with its coordinating die at the same time when I created this card for my nephew… I wasn’t sure which image I was going to use.  


Next, stamped the sentiment from CAS-ual Fridays Shenanigans with Versafine Onyx Black ink and heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder on a stitched Bristol panel also from my stash.  Applied Saltwater Taffy distress ink with a blender brush for the background then splattered with water and blot with a paper towel for a bit of texture.  Assembled the card onto a white card base then added highlights/details with a white gelly roll pen to finish. 



Her birthday also happens to fall on Father’s Day, so hope she enjoys sharing her special day with her dad.  Thank you for dropping by.  Have a wonderful day.








Challenges:



15 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally fabulous! I could look at your cards all day :-) thanks for joining I in at STB!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Another fabulous CAS, Trina!! Adorable little bunny flying with that heart balloon! Love the big sparkling sentiment and the background! I think cuteness has no age and your niece will love your sweet birthday card for her!!
Hugs, have a lovely new week!

Colleen said...

So cute, Trina. You sure have a way of doing clean and simple in the purest and sweetest form! I love stopping by to be inspired by you! Heart Hugs, Col

Lisa Elton said...

Aww, what a sweet bunny! This is adorable, Trina!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Who doesn't love a bunny and a balloon! Darling card, Trina!!

Billie A said...

I just love your CAS cards. Darling image and the background is perfect. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Catz.

Brenda in IN said...

This is a sweet card and perfect for any age. I think she'll love it.

Nancy said...

I think this is a darling card for anyone! Love your shading of the bunny and the bold greeting! One day I hope to color so well! Thanks for being with us at Seize the Birthday!

Papercraft Boutique said...

The little bunny is so adorable, Trina! The shiny red balloon and the sparkly black sentiment look awesome with the soft coral background of the bunny. Love the gel pen details. Cute cards are never too young for any girl or woman! :-)
Hideko xx

Cathy said...

This is such a sweet card Trina, love the image and how soft the colour looks behind him, and I'm sure your niece will love the card! Thankyou too for playing along at Seize the Birthday, Cathy x

Tracey McNeely said...

Trina this is such a sweet card, I love your little bunny!

Bonnie said...

This is adorable, Trina! Your niece should love it! Teenagers are a hard age to do cards for I think. Awesome coloring, my friend!

Tone K. said...

Ohh, so sweet and beautiful card :)
Thanks a lot for joining us at Let`s Craft and Create :)

Loll said...

So sweet! I think bunnies are loved at any age. I bet she loved her card. xx

BożenA said...

Seventeen-year-old girl must love this card with this cute bunny. I love how you designed this card by creating a central spot in the center of the card and adding all the elements. I also love splashing, it made a really interesting pattern. At first I thought it was a (resist) stamp :-)
xx