November 22, 2019

Flying By

Happy Fri-YAY everyone.  I made my first slimline card!  And of course, it’s a Christmas card.  Christmas cardmaking season is my favourite time of year.


Hello Bluebird’s October 2019  release stole my heart and I was in the process of placing my order when my husband says it’s his early Christmas gift to me!  I must admit, I held back a bit because I didn’t want to take advantage of him. 😂   And he’s still asking me for my Christmas list!.. whaaat!?  BEST hubby ever!!! 🤗    Check out my early Christmas gifts.



So not wanting to add too many of these to my growing unused list 😉, I used a variety of stamps to create this fun scene.  All images were stamped with Copic friendly black ink on Copic friendly cardstock measuring 3.5”x8.5”.  The finished card fits in a regular #10 envelope.

Started by stamping the kitty, masked it, then stamped the plane.
.


Next, stamped the squirrel, masked it, then stamped the penguin.



The remaining images were stamped on their own, then the whole scene, including the tree line and mountains, was coloured in with Copics.  Snow was added with a white gel pen and the sentiment was white heat embossed on a black strip to finish.

This may be my first slimline card, but it won’t be my last.  I had a lot of fun making this and love the fact that I can use so many products.  Thank you for dropping by.  Have a wonderful weekend.










Challenges:
Merry Little Christmas - November Anything Goes
Sweet Stampers - #38 Christmas
The Sisterhood of Crafters - Forest Animals
Watercooler Wednesday - #248 Kath’s Masculine Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps and More - #368 Holiday
Uniko - #56 Christmas optional twist Tree













20 comments:

Darnell said...

I love a long narrow card, especially if you can put lots more of your beautifully colored images on it, Trina! This scene is adorable and so much fun!! Hugs, Darnell

Susan said...

I really like making the occasional long narrow card - it challenges you in a different way. Yours is adorable with the little creatures so excited to receive their gifts - a delightful card!

Christine Alexander said...

Trina, it's been so long since I made one of these shapes of cards, love the images flowing down the page. They are so cute :)

Bonnie said...

Not only are you a master of Copic coloring, but you're a master of masking too! What a great hubby your have! I know you'll have lots of fun with your Christmas present!

Cindy H. said...

What a darling card! Love this little scene and your beautiful coloring.

Brenda in IN said...

Hubby is a keeper! How sweet of him to tell you that. It's wonderful when someone appreciates what you do and encourages you. This is such a happy card. The scene and coloring is fantastic and the snow just adds to the fun. I love this slimline card base too. That is new to me.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, your hubby is Super!! :D Such amazing gift!! Love those stamps, they are all soooo cute!!! Your slimline card is just ADORABLE, love all the critters and your colouring! Your way to add falling snow is very effective!! Wonderful card!

Maria said...

Oh, so so adorable with all the critters! Your design is very sweet and fun! Full of wonderful color! You’re hubby is very supportive of you, how awesome! Your card makes me smile....well done!!

Dawn T said...

A very cute card Trina. An adorable scene. Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday. Dawn ~ DT

Quillish said...

Love it.. the haul .. the card .. and OMG.. keep your husband safe!! hahaha. You are so good at coloring Trina. I love the little details you add!

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

How sweet! The card is very cute, love the long design, and coloring. Thank you for sharing your card with us at ATSM!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Absolutely adorable Trina. Oozing cuteness and perfect colouring as always. Thanks for joining the Uniko challenge this month.

Darlene said...

OMG how adorable Trina! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

Darlene said...

Me again! LOL These are some fabulous sets to play with! Love today's card and your coloring is awesome! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Pat said...

Oh my! I love Everything about this card!

Heidi Weaver said...

What a great idea, to have created this charming scene on such a long and narrow card, Trina. The layout of all those sweet images is perfect as is your colouring. I love it! Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Loll said...

Adorable card Trina! Love your sweet Christmas scene! You are so creative, my friend! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Your card is so darling and your husband is so sweet, Trina! He knows what you love. 💕
The slimline card is perfect for the scene, and your Copic coloring is simply fabulous.
Hideko xx

Kuni said...

So lovely and cute .
Thank you for joining us at the Sweet Stampers and i hope to see you again.
Hugs
Kuni

Ela said...

What a cute scene, love that Santa has upgraded to a plane.
Loevely colouring too.
Love
Ela