January 15, 2020

CAS Christmas January Reminder - Tag

Hello there.  This is my reminder post for January’s Tag challenge at CAS Christmas.


The puppy in Gerda Steiner Design’s On the Table stamp set reminded me of Loll’s sweet Jessie, so this was the card I made for her.


Stamped the hat from the set with Copic friendly black ink on a scrap of Copic friendly cardstock.  Masked it before stamping the puppy.  Coloured in with Copics then fussy cutt out.


The wonky stitch panel with a peek-a-boo circle aperture in the center was from my stash.  Created the gift that the tag is hanging off of with plaid pattern paper from Memory Box Dashing Holiday paper pack.  Used a white scrap strip for the ribbon.  The sentiment from Newton’s Nook Snow Globe Scene was white heat embossed on a black cardstock strip.  Tied white baker’s twine to the tag and assembled the card onto a split black/white card base to finish. 


For more inspirations from my team, head on over to the challenge blog HERE.  The challenge closes January 24, so there is plenty of time to play along with us.  Thank you for your visit.











Challenges:
Merry Little Christmas - #18 January Anything Christmas Goes
Christmas Crafts All Year Round - January Anything Christmas or Holiday Related
Pixie's Snippets Playground - #369 Use Snippets   (cardstock scraps and pieces from my stash)
Sparkles Christmas - #108 For a Child
Crafty Animals - #34 Anything Goes Animals
Watercooler Wednesday - #254 Tristan’s All About Occasions
ABC Christmas - A for Anything Christmas Goes and B for Bingo   (both A & B: bottom row - die cut | clean & simple | embossing and middle column - coloured image | Christmas sentiment | clean & simple)


21 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable CAS card, Trina, and the puppy is soooo cute!!! Surely Loll has smiled seeing your card! :) Well done!

Susan said...

Adorable dog - reminds me of Tessa with the long ears and tan colouring! Love the way she's holding the tag in her mouth, and sitting on the nice plaid gift box - I'm sure she thinks the gift is for her!

Colleen said...

OMG! the first word that popped into my head when I saw this was "adorable", then I go to the comments and both people ahead of me said the same thing!! Okay I will change it up with "awesome" coloring and the image is perfect for Loll, the puppy is too cute!

Linda said...

Trina, your card with that sweet puppy is just too adorable. Must be the right word...Lol...

nancy littrell said...

OMG Trina, your pup is so adorable and I LOVE your sweet little tag and CAS design:-) I still have your sweet Christmas card out with the die cut white circle that says Merry Christmas and your sweet mouse sticking out of a Christmas stocking attached to the circle. I am off to look on your blog to see if I can find the list of supplies:-) You are the Best at adding sweet critters to your cards!!! Hugs..Nancy

Maria said...

What a sweet pup on the present!! Lovely coloring and great design!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Awww - cute puppy in the circle window, Trina! Love the plaid too!!

Fiona said...

Oh my goodness this is so cute - gorgeous little puppy and I love your colouring - what child (or adult) wouldn't love this card? Thanks for joining us at Sparkles Christmas Challenge

Heather said...

Oh, such a cutie! This little puppy is just adorable, such sweet coloring, and perfect for a child! Thanks so much for playing at Sparkles!

Cindy H. said...

So darn adorable!

Loll said...

This is DARLING!! I love this card and was so excited when I received it in the mail before Christmas! Thank you so much Trina! This does remind me of Jessie, the only change would be that the Merry Christmas tag would be chewed up! :) I love the plaid gift box, and the adorable puppy on top. This made me smile ... lots of times! xx

Christine Alexander said...

Trina, these Gerda Steiner Christmas puppies are so adorable and perfect he's on a Christmas gift:)

Lisa J said...

I Love the design of this. Thank you for playing along with us at Crafty Animals. Lisa DT

Papercraft Boutique said...

How adorable the puppy is, Trina! I can imagine how excited and happy Loll was to receive this card. Turning a table into a gift box is a clever idea for a holiday card. The little black tag is a great accent.
Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

This puppy is adorable, just like Jessie! Love that plaid package she's propped up on! A super sweet card, my friend!

Dawn T said...

totally adorable Trina. Thanks for playing with us at Watercooler Wednesday this week. Dawn DT

Heidi Weaver said...

Oh Trina, I'm in love! What a sweet little pup you've stamped and coloured for your gorgeous Christmas card. The stitched accents on the matte really add a lot of additional interest to your design. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Di said...

What an adorable doggie card this is Trina! I've been over to peek at the photos of Jessie - she's a beauty! Lovely to see you in the Snippets Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Brenda in IN said...

This is the sweetest puppy dog look. I love the plaid paper and the little present. I know Loll will love this.

Julia Aston said...

what an adorable pup with his Santa hat on and paws on the edge - love the plaid with the black background, wonderful coloring on this Trina!

Helen said...

A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Sparkles Christmas Challenge.

Helen x