May 03, 2020

CAS Christmas May Challenge - Winter Berries

Hello there.  Today is the start of the new challenge at CAS Christmas and this month’s theme is Winter Berries.


Wasn’t sure what I was going to do, but then remembered a NBUS Silverdale Branch die from Memory Box that I didn’t get a chance to use this past Christmas and here is what resulted.


The branch was die cut twice from scraps of X-Press It cardstock.  I coloured only the berries with red Copic markers R89, R46, R24 and R22, and left the rest white.


A SU! Basic Gray card base from my stash was then die cut apart with an A2 Stitched Rectangle Set 1 die from My Favorite Things.  I’m running low on this cardstock and didn’t want to use up the other half of the card base, so instead, I white heat embossed the sentiment from Catherine Pooler Here We Come A-Caroling on the stitched rectangle then cut out with my paper trimmer.  To give the sentiment strip definition, the top and bottom edges were inked with the matching ink using a sponge dauber.  Pieced and assembled the card on a white card base, then finished with some Crystal Glaze on the berries for some shine and dimension.


Our March winner Lynne (Designs from the Loft) is our guest this month and you can check out what she and my team have created over on the challenge blog HERE for more inspirations.  The challenge deadline is May 24 PST.  Hope to see you in the gallery.  Thank you for stopping by.  Stay home and craft on.









Challenges:
Merry Little Christmas - May Anything Christmas Goes
SSS Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
NBUS #14 - new unused die

24 comments:

Linda said...

Trina, this is so pretty and elegant with the gray cardstock and so beautifully colored. Hugs, Linda

Christine Alexander said...

the perfect colour combo for your berries. I love the leaves and branches in white, it gives the perfect contrast to the red berries :)

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous Christmas card, Trina! Beautiful Copic coloring on the berries and I love how your Silverdale Branch pops against the lovely gray background!

Bonnie said...

Wow, Trina! Those berries have such dimension! The white branches with the red berries on the gray cardstock is so striking! A brilliant idea for the sentiment to save on the cardstock! An awesome card, my friend!

Loll said...

Another WOW! card Trina! I love your colouring of the berries. The shading makes them look 3-D. And the white die-cut with red berries looks amazing with the gray card front. Gorgeous card! xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Wow, these berries do look 3D, Trina! So amazing! I was watching a video about "light & shade" yesterday and your berries look like a textbook model.
Red really pops against gray and you chose the perfect color (white) for the holly!
Hideko xx

Maria said...

Oh, so gorgeous!! Fab coloring on the berries! The red looks so pretty against the gray! And, beautiful design for you stunning card!!

Colleen said...

Wow! those berries look so three dimensional, they are gorgeous! I love that gray color, really makes the white sentiment, the holly and red berries pop!! Fabulous card! Heart Hugs, Colleen

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Hey Trina - gorgeous card!! Just love the soft grey with the pop of red berries and white leaves! The detailing you did on the berries looks amazing!!

nancy littrell said...

Oh My...Love your Clean and Crisp grey, white and red color combo for your pretty Winter Berry Christmas card, my friend. TFS Love and Hugs..Nancy

Cindy H. said...

Wow, this is just so elegant! Your coloring is simply amazing as I thought at first you had used enamel dots. Those berries have so much dimension. Love your card!

Brenda in IN said...

This is stunning. So elegant and clean with the red and white against the gray c/s. This is my favorite card you've made.

Darnell said...

Trina, girl, this is officially my new favorite card of yours and #1 on my Top Ten Christmas Cards of 2020! I'm in awe and I think you will have a lot of people trying to CASE this design!! Take care and keep safe! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

WOW...your card is absolutely STUNNING Trina!! I'm a big fan of gray, white and red and this card just couldn't be any more perfect...LOVE it!! :0)

Susan said...

This is fabulous, Trina. Love the way you did the sentiment strip and worked the berry branch die cuts around it. Great colouring on the berries. Beautiful choice of the grey cs.

Julia Aston said...

My goodness Trina! your berries look real and SO dimensional - beautiful coloring on them with your Copics - LOVE the white on the gray - a beautiful winter berry card! xx

Mac Mable said...

So clever how you did the sentiment strip Trina. A stunner of a card, contemporary, unique and I am loving it x.

akmoose said...

I just wanted to say thanks! for showing me how to use something other that white card stock! I have a really hard time using colored card stock!! Your card is beautiful!! You've also inspired me to use my copics again.

Donna said...

I love the gray with the red berries. Really makes them pop. Loves it!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow Trina, this is such a stylish card and your colouring of the berries is wonderful!

Lucy E. said...

This is such an elegant card!
The red, white and gray look
so vibrant next to each other.

Viv said...

Fab card Trina. The berries seem to pop off the front. Beautiful.

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the berries. I thought they were 3D as they POP off that background. STUNNING design!!

Leslie said...

This is FABulous! Thanks so much for sharing with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's May Anything Christmas Goes challenge! We appreciate you joining us!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2