June 10, 2020

Jane’s Doodles Challenge #12 - Use a Die Cut

Hello there.  I’m back again today with the next Jane’s Doodles challenge to Use a Die Cut.


I was going to make a Father’s Day card using alphabet dies, but I really wanted to use the new Warm Hugs die from Reverse Confetti.  I thought it paired perfectly with the sweet image from Jane’s Doodles Bear Hugs.   Here’s my card.


I wanted to use my favourite colour blue, but because of the sentiment, I used warm pink.  As you can see, I couldn’t go all the way and added a bit of aqua, too. 😂  So I started by stamping the bear image on a stitch SU! Thick Whisper White panel with Gina K Amalgam Jet Black ink.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to use my Zig or Copic markers and this ink is compatible with both.  Masked the image next, then using blender brushes ink blended Pink Diamond and Dew Drops dye inks from Altenew at the top and bottom, respectively.  Darkened the edges with Black Soot distress ink that was left behind on the mini blending tool.


Removed the mask and stuck with my warm gray Copic markers to add shading.  Die cut the sentiment three times from scraps of white cardstock and stacked for dimension.  Didn’t plan ahead and would have die cut the top layer from white glitter cardstock for some sparkle.  So instead inked the stacked sentiment with VersaMark and heat embossed with clear glitter embossing powder.  Die cut the sentiment from dark grey cardstock and offset for a shadow effect.  Added some stars, dots and line details with a white gel pen then assembled on a white card base to finish.


Check out the challenge blog post HERE for more inspirations then link up your project using at least one die and a Jane’s Doodles product.  Thank you for your time.  Have a wonderful week.










Challenges:
Uniko - #59 Anything Goes optional twist Bright and Happy
NBUS #15 - new die
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Cards 4 Teens or AG 4 Kids


8 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

Your ink blending is beautiful and the colors are great together. Those sweet bears are so cute. I scrolled back to see what I missed and I am loving those blue and white Christmas cards and the blossoms against that brick wall.

Christine Alexander said...

So pretty Trina, I love that sweet image of mama and baby polar bear, awesome colours :)

Loll said...

I LOVE the colours of your background Trina! It really does invoke a cold winter's day with some warmth. Mama and baby polar bear are adorable! xx

Maria said...

How sweet is the mama and baby polar bear! And, such a gorgeous sky, wonderful color!

Bonnie said...

What a gorgeous inked background, Trina! So perfect for these sweet bears!

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a head-turningly beautiful card! I adore every last delightful detail - the thickness of the lettering 100% included.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a sweet scene you created, Trina! The papa bear carrying the kid on his back is just adorable!! I admire your gorgeous ink blending, as always. The dark gray sentiment shadow and the darkened edges are subtle but very effective!
Hideko xx

Hannelie said...

Stunning as always Trina!
Thanks for playing at Uniko !