Since it's Fall, I'm sharing a simple fall card todayfeaturing the Acorn Silhouette die.
When I see silhouette, I tend to keep the silhouette solid (usually black) against a colourful background. But this time, I switched it up and coloured the silhouette instead.
I wasn't sure about the design, but I knew I wanted to create a spray arrangement. Started by die cutting a whole bunch of the silhouette from mixed media paper then proceeded to ink blend them with Wild Honey, Rusty Hinge, Shabby Shutters, Antique Line, Gathered Twigs and Black Soot distress inks (DI). For texture, they were spritz with water and blot with a paper towel.
Now, I thought I had used all the diecuts on my card (pictured above), but then found an extra one hidden under some scraps. Didn't want it to go to waste, so added it to the arrangement to make it fuller (see below).
The Paper Cut Word Mix 1 Thanks sentiment and its shadow were die cut from white next. The sentiment was then ombré ink blended with Lumberjack Plaid DI. The panel was splattered with diluted black gouache paint before adding the sentiment on top to finish.
Please note compensated affiliate links are used in this post when possible at no extra cost to you should you make a purchase after clicking on them. I appreciate your support. Thank you for stopping by.
FREEBIE ALERT!
Challenges:







No comments:
Post a Comment