December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone.  Just popping in quickly before heading out for the rest of the day to share  the Christmas cards I made yesterday for my in-laws.  Yup, just in the nick of time. 😂


Pretty straight forward.  The backgrounds were in my stash and I thought there was no better time to use them.  They are Washi tape (Rainbow with Splatters and Nebula) adhered to thick white cardstock and covered with clear gesso.  White splatters were added to them.  The snowmen images (Snow Fun and Snowman Friends) were stamped with black alcohol friendly ink on scraps of alcohol friendly cardstock, coloured with Copics then die cut out with the matching dies.  The sentiments (Fa La La and Magical) are die cut from scraps of white and black cardstock.  Well, except for the magical black shadow which was fussy cut.  Anyway, here they are individually.








Thank you for stopping by.  Enjoy your Christmas,  






Challenges:
Uniko - #56 Christmas optional twist Tree
Cupcake Inspirations - 485 Holidays
Send a Smile 4 Kids - Winter Cards or Anything Goes 4 Kids
Merry Little Christmas - December Anything Christmas Goes
ABC Christmas - Y Yuletide Z Zig Zags  (Yuletide)
Watercooler Wednesday - #252 Marsha’s Special 3-Week Anything Goes

16 comments:

Susan said...

Great set of cards to use up those beautiful backgrounds! Wishing you a Merry Christmas!

Christine Alexander said...

Trina, I'm going to have to hunt out more Washi tape, what a great way to make a bunch o cards :)

Dawn T said...

what a beautiful set of cards. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday for our three week challenge

Bonnie said...

That Washi tape is awesome, Trina! I love how well it works for the backgrounds and the delightful snow people!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

WOW!! I have never thought that those amazing backgrounds were washi tape!! Awww... Gessoing and splattering have surely added a fab look, and I'm just in LOVE with those cute snowmen!! Such amazing cards!
Happy Boxing Day!

Dotty Jo said...

What a magical selection of cards! I bet they loved them. Thanks for playing at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

KandA said...

Fabulous collection of cards. Those little snowmen are so cut and I love the backgrounds xx

Di said...

What a fabulous set of cards Trina! I love that they're similar but different if that makes sense - for a group of family members! Amazing colouring as always too.

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

Fantastic set of Christmas cards. I bet your in-laws loved theirs. Love your sweet characters with those amazing backgrounds. I don't have clear gesso, but need to get some and give it a try. Great work as always Trina. xx

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous cards and super cute and made in the nick of time x. I bet they loved them? I hope Christmas went well and you made lovely memories? Sending love and hugs x. Thank you for all your inspiration in 2019, which I have loved! x.

Papercraft Boutique said...

All five cards are sooo adorable, Trina! I’m sure your in-laws loved them. Covering wide washi tape with clear gesso is such an interesting idea. I’d love to try the technique with my wide washi tape. Your fussy-cut magical shadows are amazing. I'd have thought you used a shadow die if I hadn't read your post!!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
Hideko xx

Dorte said...

Such a super cute set of cards. Thank you for joining this years last challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hope to se you again in 2020. Happy New Year.
Dorte x

Brenda in IN said...

Now wait, what? Those backgrounds are washi tape! Wow, I'm speechless and believe me, that never happens. These are awesome backgrounds and I love the little snow people. What fun cards these are. Hope your Christmas was great and that the new year brings you good health and lots of crafting time.

Leslie said...

Thanks for sharing your awesome Christmas project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's December "Anything Christmas Goes" challenge and we hope to see you again next month!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLCCB DT
Love To Scrap 2

Maria said...

Wonderful cards with the snowmen, so cute!! And, love those beautiful colorful skies!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!! Happy New Year!!

Indy's Designs said...

These are absolutely darling! Love your backgrounds! Thanks for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Hugs,
Debbie