September 15, 2021

CAS Christmas September Reminder - Plaid

Hello there.  This is the reminder post for the PLAID challenge at CAS Christmas.  


It appears plaid makes me think of clothing. 😂   Here’s my card.


A leftover piece of Madras Plaid Blue and Purple paper was sitting on my desk, so it was die cut with a sweater die (retired).  The cuffs and trims were die cut from white cardstock and coloured with blue Copic markers.  Put the sweater together, then die cut another sweater from plain white cardstock to offset for a drop highlight effect.


The snowflake (retired) was die cut from white cardstock.  The sentiment from Jane’s Doodles  Winter Words was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink on a Kraft stitch panel from my stash.  Adhered the assembled panel onto a white card base to finish.


The challenge ends September 24 PST, so there is still time to enter.  For more inspirations from my team, head over to the challenge blog HERE.  Thank you for dropping in.

 




Challenges:

16 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

How many care on this lovely sweater! It looks really warm and cosy :D Love the design of your CAS and the cute snowflake on the sweater and I think I have to buy some plaid papers as I haven't! LOL

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable plaid sweater card, Trina! Just love the bitty snowflake too!!

Colleen said...

So perfect...all your details make this a stunning card. I love the added layer of white behind the sweater...perfect!

Christine Alexander said...

Trina your little plaid sweater is adorable, great CAS card.

Loll said...

Love your plaid sweater with snowflake embellishment, Trina! It all looks so great on the kraft card base. xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a delightful card. So cozy and sweet.

We're getting very chilly temps already at night here in BC (near freezing), so sweaters are the name of the game at the moment - and, loving fall as I do, I don't mind one iota. :)

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous CAS Christmas card with an adorable jumper and love the addition of the snowflake too Trina x.

Julia Aston said...

A wonderful cozy blue plaid sweater in your design Trina! Perfect for those cold snowy days and nights! Love the kraft background to set off the pretty sweater. xx

Barb Ghig said...

I'm old enough to remember when 'madras' was a popular plaid pattern :) I love this pretty blue and purple plaid and your darling little snowflake, Trina! Love that you chose Kraft for your background, too...Such a sweet card ~ xx

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and absolutely perfect Trina!! The plaid sweater with the sweet snowflake is just too cute and makes me think of being all cozied up inside with a nice cup of hot coca! Cute, CUTE card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

BożenA said...

This is a perfect sweater for me :-) I love colors, and they brighten the craft paper so beautifully.Fabulous CAS Christmas card
hugs,
BozenA

Bonnie said...

Love this blue plaid sweater, Trina! The snowflake is a perfect fit!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Such an adorable blue (<-- of course) plaid sweater, Trina! The highlight effect makes the sweater so special. The Kraft background adds warmth to the card too!
Hideko xx

Darlene said...

This is just PERFECT Trina! I LOVE it!!! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Merry Little Christmas!
Darlene
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Cathy said...

Love the glowing blues in this Trina, gorgeous CAS card, Cathy x

Susan said...

I am so far behind on my commenting! Love this card - I love sweaters, I love blue, and I love kraft - so a perfect combination for me! The snowflake on the sweater turns it into a perfect Christmas sweater.