September 14, 2021

Buzzing By

Hello there.  I should be sleeping right now, but at the last possible moment, I finally had an idea for Color Hues (CH) One Year Anniversary challenge #25 - Yellow / Orange.  Happy anniversary to you Nancy and your CH team!


I struggle with the orange colour and it takes time to think of anything! 😂   But here’s my card.



Who knew honeycombs are a mixture of orange and yellow!  I do now. 😂   So the bees from Kraftin Kimmie Sweet as Can Bee were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on Xpress It cardstock, coloured with Copic markers, then fussy cut out.  Next, on a stitched Bristol panel from my stash, applied Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade distress inks with blender brushes through two of the Hexagon Layering Background stencils from Honeybee Stamps (HB).  Splattered with water and blot with a paper towel for some texture, then spritz with a shimmer spray for some sparkle.  Stamped the sentiment from HB Bee-You-Tiful Sentiments with Archival Black ink.  Assembled the card onto a white card base to finish.  


This will be a birthday card for my eldest niece.  She is turning 19 oops, I mean 18 and is currently a freshman in  university on the other side of the country.  I’m still in disbelief how grown up she is.  Anyway, time for bed.  Thank you for dropping by.


12 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What adorable little bees, great blending of the yellow and orange and you sure nailed the colour challenge Trina. Super cute card x. Fun card for your niece and yes when you have an idea you've just got to run with it x.

R's Rue said...

So cute.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

Trina, I for one am glad you stayed up to make this card! It is so adorable in every way! The blended honeycomb background and your coloring are awesome! Your niece is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues for our 1 year Anniversary! We really appreciate it! Take care!

Karen said...

You may have struggled with this card, but we would never know it if you didn't tell us! It's delightful! Your color blending with the stencil is wonderful, and those bees are too cute! Thanks for joining Color Hues for our first birthday party!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Those bees put a smile on my face, how cute and cheerful! Love the way you made the honeycomb, I haven't layered stencils, but I have to buy some :D LOL as they make really beautiful designs! The splatters add a lovely texture to the card!

Bonnie said...

Perfect for the yellow/orange challenge, Trina! These are such cut bees!

Christine Alexander said...

so cute Trina, your niece will love the card, I bet is sparkles with the shimmer spray :)

Tracey McNeely said...

Trina my friend your bees are just the cutest and yes of course a great choice for the challenge. Your honeycomb in the background is the perfect settings for buzzing around. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues! I almost typed in colour instead of color, what a Canadian--LOL! ;)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling trio of bees, Trina - so fun in their honeycomb!!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Terrifically charming card, Trina. Aww!!! Your adorable bees are sweeter than the honey they would produce in real life.

Happiest 19th birthday wishes to your niece!

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

BożenA said...

I always have a huge problem with coloring my face, because I don't know how to put the shadows to make the face look plastic. These bees are perfectly colored, I can't help but admire. The whole menu is wonderful and so sweet
xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

These 3 little bees are so adorable, Trina! The yellow/orange honeycomb is the perfect backdrop for them and the honeycomb looks so real especially with the water-blotted texture. Wonderful use of the challenge colors. Looking at this card, I can't imagine you struggle with the orange color!
Hideko xx