December 07, 2021

Winter Wishes

Hello everyone.  I’m back today with some winter wishes.  This card was actually supposed to be for a guest designer spot, but due to a miscommunication/oversight on my part 🙈, I didn’t end up submitting it. 



Anyway, using the middle column (snowflakes-free-winter) from challenge #144 at Tic Tac Toe Challenge (TTTC), I made this.


I love the Blurry Flurries paper pack from Whimsy Stamps.  They are gorgeous and make it so easy to create a card.  I just die cut three snowflakes from a scrap of glossy cardstock using the snowflake die that came in the Simon Says Stamp (SSS) January 2021 Snowflake Season monthly kit (no longer available).  I don’t remember the last time I used glossy card-stock, but I thought it would give the snowflakes a cool sheen with no extra effort… and I was right!  Too bad it couldn’t be captured in the photos. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

 

Winter (retired die from SSS) was die cut out of a scrap of white glitter paper from Memory Box Majestic Hues Glitter Pad and from black cardstock to offset for a drop shadow.  The sentiment from My Favorite Things (MFT) Bitty Holiday Wishes was then heat embossed on black cardstock with white embossing powder.  Assembled and mounted the card onto a white card base to finish.  


And since I needed a birthday card this month for a crafty friend, I used a different piece of pattern paper and a similar sentiment from MFT Bitty Birthday Wishes to create her birthday card.  And just by changing the sentiment, this birthday card ended up completing four lines of the tic-tac-toe board (middle column, left column, top row, and diagonal top right to bottom left)… so fun!


Here they are again.



Thank you for stopping by.  Have a wonderful day. 




Challenges:
SSS Flickr - #189 Winter Wonder   (SSSFlickrchallenge#189) 

18 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

That paper is perfect for your snowflakes. The snowflakes are beautiful and I love how you adapted it for a birthday card. Two great cards, Trina.

Colleen said...

Fabulous card, Trina. I am in love with that paper as well. so cool!

nancy littrell said...

OMG...Absolutely Beautiful Winter Christmas and Birthday cards, Trina. I LOVE the Gorgeous DSP for your background and the die cut snowflakes and Winter with glossy paper and the stamped and heat eb sentiments under the die cut Winter. TFS both beauties, my friend. Happy Holidays...Love and Hugs..Nancy

Sarn said...

WOW - these two snowflake cards are beautiful. Love the designer paper too.

Very cold outside so I'm still brewing hot chocolate like it's going out of fashion. Come and grab a mug once you've finished playing on the swings!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Maria said...

Oh, wow! Beautiful paper for your gorgeous cards! Such pretty snowflakes, too!

Mac Mable said...

Beautiful background papers and love the 'glossy' snowflakes. Eye catching cards, both of them Trina x.

Bonnie said...

That paper makes a great background for these pretty snowflakes. I have a lot of glossy paper. I need to use it for snowflakes! Thanks for the inspiration!

Christine Alexander said...

Awesome DP and love the snowflake accent ♥

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pair of snowflake cards, Trina - what perfect papers as a background to the glossy flakes!!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a brilliant use of those papers Trina! Your snowflakes and overlapping sentiment gives the design such a lot of depth. Thank you for sharing at the Tic Tac Toe challenge! Vicky x

Julia Aston said...

Wow - that Blurry Flurry paper is a gorgeous background for your wonderful glossy snowflakes Trina! So pretty in the blue and pink!

Susan said...

Gorgeous background paper and beautiful snowflakes. Love the way you did the large "winter" and then the small stamping for the rest of the sentiment.

BożenA said...

These cards are very effective, Trina. I'm sure the sparkle of the snowflakes is amazing. The choice of sentiments is perfect. I also love these beautiful colored papers with the bokeh effect.
xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Trina! The bokeh paper background is gorgeous with the die-cut snowflakes. I can imagine the beautiful sheen of them. The black shadow of the die-cut sentiment is so effective!
Hideko xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A very imaginative set of cards, Trina, love the papers choice and your gorgeous snowflakes!! They look so soft!!
Sorry for my absence, I'm really super-busy with some problems.
Hugs

Di said...

Beautiful cards Trina - and the Whimsy paper pack is also one of my favourites. I have three of them here - just in case I run out!

Hugs

Di xx

Witchcrafted Life said...

These are soooo good, Trina. What upbeat, delightfully lovely holiday greetings.

Autumn Zenith 🧡 Witchcrafted Life

nancy littrell said...

OMG..Stunning designer paper for all your Gorgeous Wintery Christmas cards, Trina. TFS Love and Hugs...Nancy