September 03, 2022

CAS Christmas September Challenge - Sparkle and/or Shine

Hello everyone.  It’s time for the September challenge at CAS Christmas.  This month’s theme is SPARKLE and/or SHINE.


I wanted to see how CAS I could make my card so here it is!


I had several of these snowflake frames from Simon Says Stamp (SSS) Holiday Frames in my stash, so I stacked a few together and die cut another out of a scrap of white glitter paper from Memory Box Majestic Hues Glitter Pad


Took a Bristol panel also in my stash next and die cut the snowflake frame from it to create an opening.  It left another snowflake frame cutout, so added it to the stack for even more dimension.  Stamped the sentiment (retired) onto a piece of acetate with Archival Jet Black ink and adhered it behind the opening, which gives a lovely shine.  Thought about turning this into a shaker, but kept it simple and backed the acetate with a scrap piece of pattern paper from my favourite gorgeous Blurry Flurries paper pack by Whimsy Stamps.  Mounted everything to a white card base to finish.


Our guest this month is JoAnn (Crafty Nana’s Blog).  For more inspirations, head on over to the challenge blog HERE.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great day.



15 comments:

JoAnn said...

CAS and pretty. Love the snowflake frame.

Sue N said...

What an amazing CAS design! I love everything about it! Sue N

Julia Aston said...

That paper looks like it's lit up with a battery behind it Trina! what a beautiful CAS design! love the fonts on the sentiment and pretty snowflake frame (I think I have this, or something similar - have to go search!) xx

Christine Alexander said...

perfect combo with the snowflake DP and that sentiment ♥

Bonnie said...

Very CAS with a huge impact, Trina! Love the glittery framed snowflake and the paper in the background is perfect!

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a lovely CAS Christmas card, Trina! The sparkle of the snowflake frame is so pretty and the simple sentiment stamping on the winter sky design paper is tastefully done. I have the holiday frames set too but I've always used the bigger frame. You inspired me to use the small frame!
Hideko xx

Loll said...

This is CAS perfection, my friend! LOVE the glittery snowflake frame with the gorgeous designer paper in the background. This is beautiful! xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

The CAS perfection!! :) I have never thought to use a small decorative frame in this way! Your creativity is always stunning!
Have a lovely Sunday!

Marcia Hill said...

You definitely achieved your goal of creating a super CAS card Trina and I'm absolutely loving it!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Hugs. :0)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous pp in your snowflake window, Trina - love how you stacked the frame and gave it a glittery top layer!! Thanks for the inspiration at CAS Christmas!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, Trina I like this! It's just as cute as it can be!

Linda said...

This is CAS perfection, Trina. So perfect and beautiful.

Barb Ghig said...

As always, your card is gorgeous, Trina! I love your sparkly sky and how you added dimension with the stacked snowflake frames...so pretty! xx

Nandini said...

Wow! Love this CAS card! Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope to see you again soon! Nandini, DT

AlisonC said...

Simply beautiful. So much lovely detail in such a small space.